dish alignment

P

pfj911

Can a Sky digibox be used to get correct alignment on another satellite? ie. if the "Find Channels" is selected and the dish is moved around manually toward another satellite, will a list of programmes appear once the dish is in the correct position?
(I wish to get correct alignment on Hispasat - if above won't work
is there an analogue signal so an old analogue receiver can be used to pick up the satellite). Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes you can use your Sky Digibox to find the channels, you would probably be better off in the first instance using the manual tuning mode in the installers menu, that gives you a signal strength and quality display for whatever frequency you type in. Remember though that the diplay will respond very slowly to any dish changes. If you are using the minidish for Hispasat, it will depend on where you are, as to what you will be capable of receiving and also remember that the LNB carries a preset skew for the Eastern satellites, it cannot on most minidishes be adjusted to cater for the Western satellites, you may be better getting an old 60cm dish and adding a universal LNB.

As far as I know there is only one analogue transponder on Hispasat it has a nagravision Video channels and 3 radio stations, you will also need an analogue box that can access the high band.

12591 H
tp 11
Canal + España
PAL
Nagravision
6.60 Sp
7.74 Ca
® Ema RTV
7.20 Sp
® COM Ràdio
7.38 Ca
® Onda Cero Radio
8.10 Sp

P

pfj911

Thanks for your help rolfw.
I'll be using a 1m dish with 0.6 lnb.
I'd be grateful if you could also let me know the dish elevation.
I live in West Mids.
Thanks again

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can find out your exact lattitude and longitude from http://www.heavens-above.com/countries.asp and then download the Swedish Microwave calculator from http://www.smw.se its in the free software section. once you've input the correct local and satellite information, it will give you elevation, azimuth and skew.