Dish and motor (install kit) supplier?

normsky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
UK
Hi All,

I am new to the forum but not exactly new to Satellite installs. Many moons, actually years ago, I used to install analogue sky systems etc. (anybody remember the old amstrad systems?)

Well years on I have decided to get back into Satellite and have acquired a Technomate TM-5500 CIP plus receiver along with a dragon cam but I still need to get it fitted (self install).

As with all things in life I am on a tight budget yet want it done yesterday. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a supplier of DiSeqC motors and dishes etc in the Tingley area(just south of Leeds i.e. West Yorks). I will be fitting this myself. I want to avoid mail order and ebay.

If anybody can help me with a shop which stocks reasonably priced stuff and offers good service then I would appreciate it.

Than you.

Cheers

Norm.

PS I was quoted £300 for the supply of all materials and fitting this afternoon which I think is rather excessive or - more importantly - justifies me fitting it myself. An afternoon up a ladder can't be all that bad surely? ;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try http://www.grax.co.uk/page5.html they are based in Leeds, they are wholesale, but if they won't sell direct, they will tell you where you can get the bits. :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Could try -

_www.mcsat.co.uk/catalog/index.php

May be online ordering only, but worth a try.

Llew

normsky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
UK
Thanks for your responses. I went along to www.wakefieldsatelliteshop.co.uk this morning and managed to get everything I need - LNB, DISH, diseqc motor, T&K + Mast and cables/connectors. All for £185 and the chap was an ok bloke. So all in all not a bad day out.

Cheers.

(although I just realised he only gave me 2 connectors) :mad:

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
So what did you go for in the end ??

L.

normsky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
UK
I got a 90cm ISS dish. Manhattan HH100 motor and a Maximum 0.3dB SF-10 single platinum LNB.

6 foot pole and T&K's and 30m of cable. I reckon I got a reasonable enough deal.

If ya reckon I got ripped off then keep it to yourselves - I'd rather be happy and ignorant. ;)

normsky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
UK
Ahh - I just realised two f-connectors come with the motor so I'll let the guy off. :-doh!

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Sounds OK.

When are you putting it up then ??

L.

normsky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
UK
Tomorrow hopefully - weather permitting and providing our kid drops off the family set of ladders tonight. :D

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Keep us informed :D

L.

normsky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
UK
I will - should be a laugh - its gonna be one of those alignment jobs that includes half hangin off the ladder and trying to see the TV through the bedroom window at the same time. None of these puffy meters for me.

Never failed me yet.