Dish and receiver question

Chr0nik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-9100 Linux receiver / Edision OS mini 4K / TM-2600 M3 motor / 110cm dish (34.5w to 50e) - 100cm dish (51.5e/52e/53e/60e)
My Location
Grays, Essex
[FONT=&quot]Hello all,

I'm currently learning japanese and I'm looking for a japanese TV channel (I'm also interested in East Asian channels = Chinese, Filipino, Korean, etc); I know that there's JSTV here in Europe but it hasn't been open since last summer. My question relates to this because while googling about asian channels that can be picked up in Europe and I've heard that it is possible to get Japanese channels on Intelsat 7/10 (68.5 E) with a 1.8 m dish.

My questions are:

1. I live in London so is it possible to get that bird with a 1.8 m dish?
2. The channels that I'm interested are in C-Band.. so if I get a c-band lnb and use it with the dish, will I be able to get the channels on c-band?
3. Will the TM-9100 work with C-Band channels?

Sorry for the amount of questions but I would like to know because I'm thinking of buying the dish but I would like to know if everything is alright beforehand.

Thank you everybody![/FONT]

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Chr0nik said:
[FONT=&quot]Hello all,

I'm currently learning japanese and I'm looking for a japanese TV channel (I'm also interested in East Asian channels = Chinese, Filipino, Korean, etc); I know that there's JSTV here in Europe but it hasn't been open since last summer. My question relates to this because while googling about asian channels that can be picked up in Europe and I've heard that it is possible to get Japanese channels on Intelsat 7/10 (68.5 E) with a 1.8 m dish.

My questions are:

1. I live in London so is it possible to get that bird with a 1.8 m dish?
2. The channels that I'm interested are in C-Band.. so if I get a c-band lnb and use it with the dish, will I be able to get the channels on c-band?
3. Will the TM-9100 work with C-Band channels?

Sorry for the amount of questions but I would like to know because I'm thinking of buying the dish but I would like to know if everything is alright beforehand.

Thank you everybody![/FONT]

Well in answer to question 1, I have answered in the negative to this question before and then been shouted down so I will this time only say you will be doing extremely well to pick up a satellite so low down on the horizon, I would say it is unlikely but we have all been surprised before, I would suspect that unless you have absolutely 100% clear view of the horizon at 68.5 degree East of south you stand little or no chance.
I would have thought you stand more chance watching over broadband
click here to see

Chr0nik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-9100 Linux receiver / Edision OS mini 4K / TM-2600 M3 motor / 110cm dish (34.5w to 50e) - 100cm dish (51.5e/52e/53e/60e)
My Location
Grays, Essex
Thank you for your reply... I'm kind of confused because I've seen on other forums that people from the UK were able to get that sat and it is also mentioned on KingofSat (http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-68.5E.php).

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
But only if you live on the East coast and have a clear line of sight i.e. nothing either buildings or trees in your way. As I intimated in my previous post some people can but the majority cannot