dish at end of back garden

T

thedavid

Always wanted to post my non-motorized dish installation here, but only managed to get a decent camera recently. The cable runs up to my attic room, about 25 yards where I have a technotrend 3200 and Pace 2600C1. I picked up a larger metal pole (old bus stop or similar) today and I'm thinking about mounting another dish (sky raven) above the current dish. I might run some pipe underground for the cables as the current arrangement blows around in the wind a lot.

Attachments

• CRW_8959.jpg
    CRW_8959.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 473

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
thedavid said:
I might run some pipe underground for the cables as the current arrangement blows around in the wind a lot.

That is probably a good idea I should imagine the birds use it as a swing as well, if they peck the insulation you may get water ingress.

T

thedavid

Topper said:
That is probably a good idea I should imagine the birds use it as a swing as well, if they peck the insulation you may get water ingress.

Yes, birds are on it all the time, especially big crows and the like.

T

thedavid

Recently installed a motor for my dish and my neighbour suggested making a plastic rain cover for the motor. I made it from PVC plastic sign material.

Attachments

• CRW_9075.jpg
    CRW_9075.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 155

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Good idea, the cover. Now the birds have a bird table :)

Llew