Dish Choice - Mesh or Solid, which is best?

Markie9999

Reaction score
Hi all, green question I'm afraid.

Which dish is better in terms of quality of signal, solid or mesh. I did read that the system setup arrangement (other than the LN:cool: could have a significant impact on the quality of signal.

I have a syntec 2000 LNB if it makes any difference, connected to a SkyStar 2 PCI card.

Many thanks.

Markie.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you buy a good quality solid dish, it should out perform an equivalent size mesh dish. There a couple of threads on here discussing the differences.

Markie9999

Reaction score
Thanks very much Rolf, do you have any experience of Orbital products, I am looking at the 80cm Solid dish.

Many thanks.

Markie.

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..
Hello Markie9999, (where are the other 9998 of you by the way, havn't heard from them for ages !!!)

It's going to sound like I'm working for the following company becuase I seem to be recommending them a lot lately but I bought my Solid 80cm Digiquest dish for £25
and it's working a treat.

http://www.satelliteonline.co.uk/satellite_dishes.htm

Look up the photo's on page 6 of Recievers & Systems - Digital Systems - Members Systems (a post by myself)http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/index.php?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Just seen the website of a company (well Known) in the midlands who are selling larger dishes for what looks like silly money. eg. 1.5mtr for £99 and 2.4mtr solid
for £199. don't look too bad if you're in the market for something bigger for Xmas

:)

L