2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
el cid said:
I have posted a thread "nilesat in southern Spain" I see from this thread that you can get it in the midlands UK, what sort of reception are you getting? I want to use as smaller dish as possible, any suggestions?

Currently,
I consistantly get solid reception of 44 channels in the clear (not scrambled) during the hours of darkness.
Some nights the number of channels almost doubles....

I find the strongest music channels (similer to Rotana) that can be watched in comfort most nights..... are "Nojoom" and Music Plus...

The Lebanese channel "Zen" was the most similer to "Rotana" in its style and was a very strong signal indeed, but since the assasination of their ex president they have given it over to moarning his death....!!! whether they will return it to a music channel again will remain to be seen.....
(I have to say I have some very enjoyable DVD recordings off this channel that I play quit regular when theres nothing else on.)

If you check out the following link you will see a map with numbers on it, the numbers in white represent the size of dish people are reporting clear reception of Nilesat on... (figures in red mean no reception)
http://www.kingofsat.net/en/beams.php?s=33&b=52

I notice several 80mm dishes and even a 60mm in southern Spain that are reporting reception of Nilesat.....

Scroll down the page to see individual reports by these people...
(Im Chuckler on this page by the way and Ive yet to give my latest report)

Hope this is of help to you..!!

Regards John

JohnC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pioneer PDP- LX5090 50"TV
2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
Mickrobo said:
10 meters from dwelling and temporary instalation ie demountable stand, not subject to planing consent, so go large.
Johnc need help with tech stuff giz a mail if you can help. local to you. J 4&5 M42 not fare from cov.
What sort of help do you need Mickrobo....??

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Excellent link.

Yeah I know I'm a bit slow, and that everybody else has probably seen it a thousand times, but hey.

:-cheers

STICK

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
JohnC said:
The Lebanese channel "Zen" was the most similer to "Rotana" in its style and was a very strong signal indeed, but since the assasination of their ex president they have given it over to moarning his death....!!! whether they will return it to a music channel again will remain to be seen.....

I just had a flick round on NIlesat last night and realised that I can now receive this channel. I dont know whether it is atmospheric condtions, but I did remove the joe fields patch from my receiver, though wouldn't have thought that would have made a difference.

Anyways I am getting a nice view of flowers and some music, so I just hope that they do revert back to playing popular arabic music. A friend of mine is Lebanese and warns me that the grieving process is Lebanon is very long, I dont want to offend any mourners of the ex-president, but it doesnt really make that interesting a TV channel.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
This must be the very oldest thread I have dug up :)

I have just been watching fox on fta with fox movies & lots of mbc movie channels too, all these are really good channels on nilesat & as stated are free to air!
These seem like the best channels we have on offer at the moment they are in English with foreign subs what size dish would be needed to get these in the north west of England?

Here are whats on offer on Nilesat 7*W

Atlantic Bird 4A / Nilesat 101 / Nilesat 102 (7°W) - frequencies - KingOfSat

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
misterminibus said:
This must be the very oldest thread I have dug up :)

I have just been watching fox on fta with fox movies & lots of mbc movie channels too, all these are really good channels on nilesat & as stated are free to air!
These seem like the best channels we have on offer at the moment they are in English with foreign subs what size dish would be needed to get these in the north west of England?

Here are whats on offer on Nilesat 7*W

Atlantic Bird 4A / Nilesat 101 / Nilesat 102 (7°W) - frequencies - KingOfSat

Pretty big I'd imagine, down here in the south (kent), you really need a 1.1m dish. I'd love to get this sat too, but my 90cm can only get about 5 channels on a nice day.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
I have a 1.2 at the moment & I can't get fox I think it's well worth investing in a bigger dish as these seem permanently fta so a few quid on a new dish wouldn't be too bad...

I am in cyprus now watching them and there is some good stuff on them :)