Dish gone awol

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
About 6 weeks ago I had a replacement stab 100 motor fitted, due to the other failing. This was fitted gratis because it was still under its 1 year warranty, which expired about three weeks ago. Today I noticed that the dish has come loose from the mount and points directly at the ground. Have I any comeback to the CAI fitter on this? I'm pretty miffed about it to say the least, as when the guy fitted the replacement motor the alignment was never as good as it had been previously, but I let it lie.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would think that if he has regard for his reputation he will come back to re-attach the dish without charge Pete, whether he would be obliged to is another matter. Not sure how the law stands on return calls and their guarantee period thereafter.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Thats what I thought Rolf, he's awkard to get hold of so I thought I better get my facts straight before fronting him about it.

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Hi,

It does not show great workmanship to have the dish pointing at the ground in 6 weeks.......
If he has a feeling that he is a good installer, and a name to loose, then he should come back and fix this....

Just know the law in Holland, if he installs anything, under warranty or not, you have here a 6 month extra warranty.

Cheers,
Cor.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Thanks Cor,

I feel a bit guilty about pestering him, but like you say its a bit poor after 6 weeks. I keep toying with the idea of getting on with it myself as its about time I learnt. It just there seems so much gear I need at the moment i.e ladders, sat meter etc just to get started.

I just want to mess with my reprogred mm to mr cam. Its taken me 4 weeks to get this far. As soon as I stick it in my receiver I notice the dish has gone t*ts up. Aint life a bitch.:-righton

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I wouldnt get the ladders out just yet. Call the installer and explain that the dish gets no signal and looks as though its fallen off.

If he finds youve been 'having a go' even withthe best intentions, he may say its not under guarantee through tampering.

A conversation by phone is the minimum he should give you to advise what he can/cant do about it, and whether its a case of return and realign free or not

I woulld check that the bolts have not come away from the wall first, as he might claim its your brickwork thats let you down