Dish illumination with lnbf:s?

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
How do you know if your lnbf illuminates your dish properly?If your into fringe reception it would be a disaster if just 1 cm at the edge of the dish shouldn't be illuminated,if you do an area calculation it would be a very big area not illuminated.

Finding matched feedhorns for consumer dishes is impossible except for the Channel Masters and the f/d of the dishes seems to vary.

For example the Triax dishes has an f/d of 0.6,the lnbf:s Sharp dot 4 and Invacom has an ideal f/d of 0.6 so I guess they would suite each other rather well (but you can't be shure they illuminate the dish good enough).

But for example my Gibertini (currently in my bedroom) has an f/d of 0.66 so what kind of lnbf or feedhorn with lnb should I choose for it to get an optimal result and be shure the whole dish gets illuminated?

Anyone else who has been thinking about this?!?

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
* steffan_st

Did you get a Gib 1.25m?
Cheers AF

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
No I didn't,realised it was too big for the Diseqc motor since It's located rather high on a wall and I was right because lots of dishes of that size in my area hit the ground during the storm.

If I could have had it in such a shallow place as you have I would have bought one.Hope you didn't have any probs with yours!