Dish illumination with lnbf:s?

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
How do you know if your lnbf illuminates your dish properly?If your into fringe reception it would be a disaster if just 1 cm at the edge of the dish shouldn't be illuminated,if you do an area calculation it would be a very big area not illuminated.

Finding matched feedhorns for consumer dishes is impossible except for the Channel Masters and the f/d of the dishes seems to vary.

For example the Triax dishes has an f/d of 0.6,the lnbf:s Sharp dot 4 and Invacom has an ideal f/d of 0.6 so I guess they would suite each other rather well (but you can't be shure they illuminate the dish good enough).

But for example my Gibertini (currently in my bedroom) has an f/d of 0.66 so what kind of lnbf or feedhorn with lnb should I choose for it to get an optimal result and be shure the whole dish gets illuminated?

Anyone else who has been thinking about this?!?

My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
* steffan_st

Did you get a Gib 1.25m?
Cheers AF

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
No I didn't,realised it was too big for the Diseqc motor since It's located rather high on a wall and I was right because lots of dishes of that size in my area hit the ground during the storm.

If I could have had it in such a shallow place as you have I would have bought one.Hope you didn't have any probs with yours!