Dish INSIDE or OUT ?

busman12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
UK
I am planning to get a satellite dish but would prefer NOT to place it on the outside of the house.

Our current TV arial is in the loft and we get a clear good signal, so would this mean we could put the dish in the loft and get a good signal too ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi mate - welcome to the forum

The only way to use a dish inside is if you have a suitable window facing south eastish.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
If you want it in your loft, you can replace a section of your rooftiles with plastic tiles and the dish should "see" through those, but that's a bit expensive, so it's easier having it looking out of a window as Analoguesat says... :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Remember you dont have to have the dish bolted to the wall if you dont want to - Ive got 2 dishes mounted on fenceposts at the bottom of the garden as thats the only place they can see the sats (trees and high hedges in the way elsewhere.)

All you need is a clear line of sight onto the required sat cluster.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Analoguesat said:
Remember you dont have to have the dish bolted to the wall if you dont want to - Ive got 2 dishes mounted on fenceposts at the bottom of the garden as thats the only place they can see the sats (trees and high hedges in the way elsewhere.)

All you need is a clear line of sight onto the required sat cluster.

Don't forget the one on the tyre.... :D