Status
Not open for further replies.

den123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ddcccccc
My Location
uk
i see got you thanks will try put dish up tomorrow if its not pissing down got soaked today putting wall bracket on the wall thanks to you all for your help den

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
cool make sure the mount is 100% level before you fit the dish on it

den123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ddcccccc
My Location
uk
hi guys. have put my dish up today mortorised bit windy but got it up right now my problems start have set the lattitude setting on the motor that you gave me 50.6 have pointed the dish south can you please tell me what i have to do nowto find a satelite do i move the dish manuay or by the reciver bit lost now what satilite should i set it up to feq ect anyone got a humax 2000 reciver spent most afternoon trying to see how it works thanks guys stuck now :confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As said in a couple of the sticky threads, you need to move the whole assembly on the pole for the azimuth and the dish elevation only, to find your due South satellite, whichever one you decide to go for.

den123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ddcccccc
My Location
uk
can you explane in engish mate bit thick here lol bit at a time dont understand this azimuth due south satelite thanks den

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Right, to make sure that the receiver follows the correct arc and receives all of the available satellites at the best strength possible, you need to make sure that the dish is pointing to the highest point of the arc when set to zero.

To find the highest point of the arc, we normally try and find the closest satellite to our due south coordinate.

In your case the closest due South satellites will be either 1W or 5W, so one of thse is what you need to find.

You do this as explained above, azimuth is the horizontal compass bearing and you change this by swinging the whole assembly on the pole to either East or West.

den123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ddcccccc
My Location
uk
ok thanks so i turn all the dish with the pole untill i fine 5deg west what satelite is that mate thanks den do i have to put the settings in the reciver the satelite 5deg west thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
5W is Atlantic bird 3, look at www.lyngsat.com/ab3.html

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
den123 said:
ok thanks so i turn all the dish with the pole untill i fine 5deg west what satelite is that mate thanks den do i have to put the settings in the reciver the satelite 5deg west thanks

Checking your previous posts, I understand you have the Humax HDCI2000 - put this in your profile!

For Humax HD (not the easiest STB to use when setting up a dish from scratch) -

Menu
Down to bottom pic (Search Channels)
Select Antenna - OK
Down to Edit Antenna
Click OK ( List)
Select Atlantic Bird 3
Save
Click on Transponder
Select a TP (11.590V is easiest, or go to User Define and enter a frequency etc. on that satellite that you can receive (from Lyngsat)

Here's where signal evaluation falls down on the Humax, as you are likely to see no signal on the signal strength bar, unless it's changed since the last software update.

Go down to Search and hope that your dish is aligned correctly on that sat.

N.B. The above assumes that you have set up your coordinates in the Motor Antenna menu.

Llew

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Closing this thread, as it has just restarted in another thread.

For all of those who are in similar circumstances, please start one thread and stick to it, other wise it gets silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.