Dish & LNB

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Hi ive just been offered a dish and LNB 2nite. I was seeking any advice on it. The dish a is GRP 1.5METRE offset, ITS got a diamond
shape reinforceing on the rear.(it looks like a C Master. The LNB
is Humongus! its a oblong box (looks a bit like a car sterio amp) about 400ml long 70mml wide and 150ml deep with
the LNB cap facing the dish.(at a guess i`d say the last signal going down this had Mr ED in it).Would i be able to buy a motor mount for it IS THE LNB ANY GOOD (I was offered it fer £40) DAVE.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Dave,

channel Hopper will best be able to answer this, but even if you need to replace the LNB, the dish sounds like a good buy. With regard to the motorisation, using a bit of ingenuity, most things can be modified.

Rolf

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Well i know the IRTE mount/motor ive already got wont fit as it fits
to a round metal plate on the back of MY dish.I got a feeling that all i`ll see is DOGS and HORSES and (maybe the bill) I know Grasshopper will know a lot more (he prob fitted it or 1 of its brothers,Just checking if its a special (only supplied to gameing establishments)no use anywhere else.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Channel Master never made any 1.5m dishes so if its a plastic one it could be either a VERY old UK manufacturer if its light beige (Concentric I think) or a 1.4m unit in dark grey.

Let me know what type of fitting for the LNB 22 or 40mm as this will determine whether its special feed that needsto be installed (no universals)

A prime focus back plate and motor cannot fit to it owing to the offset angles required.

I can supply a universal back plate but almost certain would need some additional bracket to fit to the existing holes.

Was there any othermetal attached to the rear of the dish ?

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Its off white. Only fitted 2 years ago as for 1.5 it was a lot bigger than mine 1.2 I only had a quick glimps of the rear so not 2 sure, The
scroats r coming back on Fri with it so if as u & big R say anything can b made to fit i`ll purchase. Just was worryin about the LNB issue
if as suspected (bookies) will LNB b no good,and is the LNB holder
changeable (focal point).

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
From the liquid dimensions of the LNB Id say its a C band system, which means you have to change the whole front end unless you want to watch Russian or African TV

Does the bit at the front have fins on it or is it a smooth sided LNB, any markings at all ?

A C band dedicated dish may not perform at Ku band because of the tolerances in manufacture, bends and dents dont affect C band too much

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Never fitted a car amp (its full of fins to cool it)the scroats who r sellin say it came from a vauxhall main agents(q network)i cannot c y
they`d` have such a thing.the nearest LNB Ive seen like this is a bookies

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
If its from a dealers its almost certainly a VSAT system to send data to and from the offices and maybe download the latest adverts for Vauxhall

Dont plug it into anything, theres a good chance of it taking out your satellite receiver as it requires a large amount of current (the connector on the front end probably wouldnt fit anyway)
and there is more than even chance you will cook your testicles (assuming you are male) as it radiates a large amount of power from the front end)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Forgot

I would tell the scroats to have their nuts and eyes looked at by a doctor if theyre on disability

These things work at a frequency that upsets your tadpoles and cause cataracts, if theyve been removing it from the roof when its plugged in, chances are theyve had a good dose of radiation.

saves on heating though (and school fees)

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
STE. I have confirmed its from a network q vauxhall dealership,(Pity about the sterile #####) its closed down. Otherwise it would have been 3 scroats (no kids) would have saved the STATE a fortune in benefit payments,(and xtra room in prisons)So LNB no good What about Dish is it convertable ie could i get a LNB holder and Motor/mount, As ive
Haggled there RSES off down to £10 now. DAVE.