Dish/Motor angles

Deacon

Reaction score
Hi, hope someone can help been trying to set up a motorised system and not sure if I have got the dish and motor angles right,in the liverpool area and I have set the dish at 23 degrees and the motor at 55 degrees, I can get 30w no problem but 28.2E keeps breaking up and I can not get anything on 1w,thanks.

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
Deacon said:
Hi, hope someone can help been trying to set up a motorised system and not sure if I have got the dish and motor angles right,in the liverpool area and I have set the dish at 23 degrees and the motor at 55 degrees, I can get 30w no problem but 28.2E keeps breaking up and I can not get anything on 1w,thanks.
the most inportant thing at the start is to make sure the pole or mount is dead level,if this is not level it will not trac the arc.hence good picture on 30 west and breaking up on 28 east.

stevo

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
You may be slightly off the arch, try moving the complete motor/dish assembley about 1mm West/East (until to get Thor)

That should make sure you are on the arch and then try 30W and 28.2 E

Deacon

Reaction score
Thanks for your replys, the pole is level and I have got 28.2E without it breaking up by trying gameboys suggestion but I think I've got the top of a tree blocking the signal for thor, had to move the dish because of the winds and I think the tree might be the problem, can you tell me if I have worked out the right dish and motor angles for Liverpool, thanks.