Reaction score
Website
v850.blogspot.com
My Satellite Setup
60CM Sky dish, Thomson LNB, PACE DS430N and FS Lifetime Ultra +
My Location
Ireland
Hi,

I work in Maplin, and have been dealing with alot of satellite stuff lately, most of the customers want 28.2"E...but i want to go head first into this.

Now, has anyone here got extended experience with the TouchBOX/Fortec Star boxes, and motors? They're both DiSeqC compatible,hence the question - which satellite do I first align it to for it to automatically program the rest in...or does it matter? I want to get a 90cm dish, just in case the weather goes nuts :D

L

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
How to set a motorised system up is explained in the 'stickies' at the top of the section.

You have to get the mount correct - set up dish angle - set true South - set reference satellite - adjust until it sees the Clark belt.

How the receiver sets up the satellite positions with the motor is explained also. Some have to be manually set-up and other can use the automatic function on some receiver/motor combinations.

Psychobiker

Reaction score
Website
v850.blogspot.com
My Satellite Setup
60CM Sky dish, Thomson LNB, PACE DS430N and FS Lifetime Ultra +
My Location
Ireland
yeah I saw that, cheers. I think the receiver is both DiSEqC and USALS compatible?