Dish position control

nopfusch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sAT.: EechostarDVB 1000Ci2 (no 7 tears old and faulty), one Analogue receiver threshold -3dB, even older but still in good working order, 3.6m mesh dish with positioner, California feedhorn with mech. polarizer and C- and Ku- Band LNBs.
PC1 P4 2.2GH
My Location
South Africa, Johbg., 26.2S, 28.1 E
Hi,

I have a simple dish position control unit. "GLOBO", a product from Poland or so.

No functional problem with that. But working all positioner like that?:
the motor (actuator for a 3.6 m mesh dish) runs at full speed and when the programmed position is reached, it switches the power off and shortens the windings of the DC motor (electrical braking). But that method is very inaccurate, as it overshoots always the position.
icon13.gif

On other positioners (also in receivers integrated), is there a slow-down before the motor (actuator) comes at the programmed position to a hold?

I got so frustrated about the overshooting, and build therefore myself a speed control for the motor, so I can adjust the speed. But I have to adjust the position now manually via two push buttons "West" or "East". And with a potentiometer the speed.

Ideal would be a digital position control, where the dish starts to move toward the selected bird and say 20 counts before the position is reached, the speed is reduced and finally stops via the receiving signal (picture).
icon14.gif

Anything like that on the market????

Regards

nopfusch

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi nopfusch

Don't know about stand-alone positioners. but there's certainly nothing in the positioner circuitry of my Echostar that provides this feature. Pulse counting is done in the receiver, stop signal fed to the positioner's East or West relays, that's it. (Witnessed by the abrupt halt of my dish). Suppose you could engineer a pulse - slowdown circuit somewhere along the motor pulse feedback circuit.

Llew