dish position for astra

L

luap

Can anyone tell me what dish position astra is on i have it set to 0029 on my pace MSS1000 but some how have lost signel ps will the i.f bandwith make much diff. its set to 27MHz it could go to 15MHz. if its just a matter of putting in the dish position in could you tell me where i can find a list of all other dish postions
Thanks Paul

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Actually, there are 4 different orbital slots currently in use by the various Astra satellites. They are:

Astra1B/C/E/F/G/H & Astra2C (mainly mainland-European programming, and home of the old Sky analogue service) - 19.2 degrees east

Astra2A/B/D (Sky digital) - 28.2 degrees east

Astra3A (mainly used by German cable distribution, with some Eastern-European transmissions) - 23.5 degrees east

Astra1D (German telecom & feeds) - 24.2 degrees east

Satellite positions are always expressed in longitude. Quite what "count" or "position" that equates to in your own particular receiver or positioner is entirely dependent on your own equipment and how you have set it up.

Satellite positions (and associated provider/channel line-ups) are all here: http://www.lyngsat.com/

2old

L

luap

Thanks for the info, i was referring to the good old astra 19.2E one, where i have my Pace MS1000 set on at the moment, i seem to have lost signel but have sussed it now ( dish had worked loose some how) but if you could help me a bit more i would be greatful, what it is i have sent a message previously as i said i have a Pace MS1000 which i am using as a positioner and a Hyundia HSS800Ci for my digital receiver and i am getting ALL Astra 19.2E just fine in conjuction with my Magic Cam, heres the but i scan ALL satellites from the Hyundia and get 23 different satellite ie hotbird 13e,Eutel 10E & 7E, Intel 27W etc etc. i then scan from the Pace and get lots of positions but then what, i cant seem to get any more channels or dont know there they`ve gone thats why

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
you are not being terribly clear!
I don't know the Pace MS1000 - is it a receiver/positioner, or just a positioner? I assume a receiver/positioner.
How does it locate satelllites? Just through calculation, or does it actually go hunting for signals? (does the dish move as it sets up the various satellites?). If it's hunting for signals, and yet a scan fails, I am perplexed - since it should at least find whatever channels were on the transponders it had hunted down.

Since you are apparently using two motorised receivers to drive a single dish, you must have some kind of switching set up to switch motor cables and LNB (or do you have a twin LNB?). Please give us more details of your configuration. Maybe the problem is in the LNB switching.

Anyone else out there know the MS1000?
2old

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, its similar to the 500 which has the 4 wire positioner, but does not self scan, it divides the arc in to a number of pulses and then you scan manually, saving the position once found.

The way we set it up on a friends system with a twin LNB was to locate four or five major satellites using the Pace analogue and stepping slowly in either direction from Thor. Once it was proved to be tracing a reasonably accurate arc, we then located a digital only satellite such as 28.2 and step searched until we got a signal reading on that one, the position was then saved on the Pace.

It also makes life easier if you have a separate TV showing the Pace menu.