Dish Re-alignment Help

T

tornado-Odessa

My Satellite Setup
Globo 6000
My Location
Odessa, Ukraine
Rolfw,
You know this story about replacing the motor in my setup. I have replaced the motor HH120, and some of the satellites that I used to recieve I can no longer find, I'm guessing when I replaced it, I knocked it off a couple degree's here or there.

I have been researching all the docs on alignments etc...but these manuals can be misleading..for instance my bracket has both Elevation and Lattitude, Is this for only one known, or am I supposed to try and set both of them correctly ? doing so I think would cock the motor inside the bracket.
I am located at Lon 30.451 E / Lat 46.274 N, and I can bring in 13E & 28.2 pretty good, but not 39E anymore.
Mag Declination is 5 degree 25 E, so If I set the motor in the bracket to a Lat setting of 46 and making sure that dish bracket angle is set to 23.2 by the book, will I be ok ? I am aprox 60m above sea level, the motor is pointing due south...Just want to get all this right before I go back on the roof...

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Your physical elevation above sea level is pretty much unimportant, apart from giving you a better line of sight to low arc satellites.

If you set your latitude on the motor, the elevation scale will also be correct.

If you drive your motor a couple of degrees west and then line the whole assembly up on 28.2 East, that should give you your highest point of the arc and Due South.

T

tornado-Odessa

My Satellite Setup
Globo 6000
My Location
Odessa, Ukraine
Ok, here is a follow up. I got up on the roof, and just happen to have someone that could watch satfind signals while I adjusted the Elevation angle. Lat was set to 53, when my lat is 46..I adjusted it until I recieved the best signal reported by my helper..I can now pick up 39E, 36E, 4W that I could not before, I am not sure if adjusting the Declination angle will help me or not, before I had the motor, I had three LNB's connected and could pick up more channel's on 5E and on 4W....do you think adjusting the declination angle could also help ?

What are your thoughts on this ?