Dish Re-alignment Help

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Globo 6000
My Location
Odessa, Ukraine
Rolfw,
You know this story about replacing the motor in my setup. I have replaced the motor HH120, and some of the satellites that I used to recieve I can no longer find, I'm guessing when I replaced it, I knocked it off a couple degree's here or there.

I have been researching all the docs on alignments etc...but these manuals can be misleading..for instance my bracket has both Elevation and Lattitude, Is this for only one known, or am I supposed to try and set both of them correctly ? doing so I think would cock the motor inside the bracket.
I am located at Lon 30.451 E / Lat 46.274 N, and I can bring in 13E & 28.2 pretty good, but not 39E anymore.
Mag Declination is 5 degree 25 E, so If I set the motor in the bracket to a Lat setting of 46 and making sure that dish bracket angle is set to 23.2 by the book, will I be ok ? I am aprox 60m above sea level, the motor is pointing due south...Just want to get all this right before I go back on the roof...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Your physical elevation above sea level is pretty much unimportant, apart from giving you a better line of sight to low arc satellites.

If you set your latitude on the motor, the elevation scale will also be correct.

If you drive your motor a couple of degrees west and then line the whole assembly up on 28.2 East, that should give you your highest point of the arc and Due South.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Globo 6000
My Location
Odessa, Ukraine
Ok, here is a follow up. I got up on the roof, and just happen to have someone that could watch satfind signals while I adjusted the Elevation angle. Lat was set to 53, when my lat is 46..I adjusted it until I recieved the best signal reported by my helper..I can now pick up 39E, 36E, 4W that I could not before, I am not sure if adjusting the Declination angle will help me or not, before I had the motor, I had three LNB's connected and could pick up more channel's on 5E and on 4W....do you think adjusting the declination angle could also help ?

What are your thoughts on this ?