Dreambox 7020s,
Dreambox 800hd
MythBackend, 2 HD Cards, Omnikey
MythFrontend 2 SD Cards
42" Flatscreen
My Location
Islington, London
Hi,

I live in London, I used to have a motorised system setup but I have now changed to another dish.Unfortunatly I can only get about 50% snr for thor.
I'm starting to feel lost here to.

I beleive I have the correct Lat/long (51.5n/0.07w) According to the motor manufacturer the elevation should be 38.5* and the declination (30-dec) = 22.6*.

My setup is a Triax Dish, SG-2100a motor and a Dreambox.
I've got a digisat pro meter to help,but no luck..
Any suggestions?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you setting 1W as your 0 degree point? You don't say what size your dish is, but Thor is reasonable for reception in your location and you should be able to bring the quality up a bit more.

samedin

My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
Dreambox 7000s,
Dreambox 7020s,
Dreambox 800hd
MythFrontend 2 SD Cards
42" Flatscreen
My Location
Islington, London
rolfw said:
Are you setting 1W as your 0 degree point? You don't say what size your dish is, but Thor is reasonable for reception in your location and you should be able to bring the quality up a bit more.
Hi Rolf, Sorry my dish is 1.1m and I used to get Thor with no problems at all (around 86*).
Yes I use 1w as my zero, or I acctually pointed the motor to 1w and then tried to find Thor.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Crumbs, Thor should be storming in with a good signal and very high quality with that dish. I presume that you have zero skew on your LNB, so it should just be a case of tweaking with the meter.

samedin

My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
Dreambox 7000s,
Dreambox 7020s,
Dreambox 800hd
MythFrontend 2 SD Cards
42" Flatscreen
My Location
Islington, London
Thanks again for your response. I'll have to get up on the roof again then!

Cheers!

samedin

My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
Dreambox 7000s,
Dreambox 7020s,
Dreambox 800hd
MythFrontend 2 SD Cards
42" Flatscreen
My Location
Islington, London
Argghhh...
I cant get a better signal than 47->56 (SNR).

Is there anyone in the London area who would like to lend a hand :) (wishful thinking).
I'm quite sure I pointing in the right direction (the compas is more or less dead on 0*).
If I move the dish left/right I loose signal, same for updown.

The triax dish is diffrent from the @Sat dish I used to have (motor now mounted at the bottom of dish) if that makes a change.
The digisat pro meter shows about 61 SNR...still no lock on the dreambox however :(

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like you may not be on 1W, try moving the whole assembly 5 degrees in either direction.

PS Sorry for asking about your dish size, didn't look at your profile system information and it's there. :) DOH.

samedin

My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
Dreambox 7000s,
Dreambox 7020s,
Dreambox 800hd
MythFrontend 2 SD Cards
42" Flatscreen
My Location
Islington, London
rolfw said:
Sounds like you may not be on 1W, try moving the whole assembly 5 degrees in either direction.

PS Sorry for asking about your dish size, didn't look at your profile system information and it's there. :) DOH.
Hi, will try that tomorrow, getting a bit dark now :(
Also trying to install a diffrent image as I had some problems with the hydra one I had...

Wasnt you mate, I just added the dish size

samedin

My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
Dreambox 7000s,
Dreambox 7020s,
Dreambox 800hd
MythFrontend 2 SD Cards
42" Flatscreen
My Location
Islington, London
Ok, this is getting really wierd now.

I reflashed the Dreambox and the motor went all the way to the east, even though I tell it to move to another satellite it just stands there...

Any ideas???