Dish size for 30W in Malmo (Sweden)

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
Hi all, i currently have a spare 80 cm dish and i would like to try to see if i can pick 30W, but becouse spring is something that hasnt yet come here, it would be nice if knew wheater it could be done or not ,otherwise i wont bother until the summer.

Cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just looking at the footprint Sgar http://www.hispasat.com/esp/satelites/coberturas1c.htm Looks like you may get it reasonably with an 80cm, but not being very good at geography I'm not sure how high up Malmo is.

For me in the southern England area it is good with a 63cm zone 2 minidish.

I'm sure that we have someone with a steerable dish close to you, who can give you better information though.

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
Thanks a lot for the quick reply m8.
Looking at the footprint it does indeed look promising, considering that Malmo is right at the bottom of Sweden.
Hopefully somebody else a little near me can caonfirm it for me though.

Cheers again

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are certainly a couple of members who have posted in the Astra 2D thread in the Sky digital forum who live fairly close, have a look, may be worth PMing one of them.

keykiller

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi ! I live in malmö and with a 110 cm dish i get just a very bad signal , you have to try with 120 -150 cm . Good luck.