Dish size for hispasat

RaiUn0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020Si+40GB, DiSEqC H-H DarkMotor, Gibertini 1m, Inverto Black Ultra LNB - 42E to 30W.
My Location
Manchester
Hello

Another question: Is it possible to pick up Hispasat with a triax88cm + invacom .3db lnb here in Manchester? footprints shows 88cm is too small but just incase anyone tried it please let me know. My dish will go quite high (above the gutter) on a wallmount pole so theres the wind factor. I have no other reason for not wanting triax 1.1

thank you
rai

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
*RaiUn0

I'm in Bury m8, and getting hispa on an 85cm dish. All Video on Demand, Lusimundos and Sexysat etc, no probs.

RaiUn0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020Si+40GB, DiSEqC H-H DarkMotor, Gibertini 1m, Inverto Black Ultra LNB - 42E to 30W.
My Location
Manchester
thanx daveenty.

I'm in Oldham mate, just shopping around for the kits. I have a lidl cheapie with diseqc1.2 which I want to set it up now. cant quite decide the dish size...think a triax88cm with stab120 motor will be smooth.

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
RaiUn0 said:
thanx daveenty.
I'm in Oldham mate, just shopping around for the kits. I have a lidl cheapie with diseqc1.2 which I want to set it up now. cant quite decide the dish size...think a triax88cm with stab120 motor will be smooth.

Don't know anything about the lidl ones, but the dish you say should be fine. Just realised that mine is an 80 (not 85)cm (can't remember the make, lost the box :))
I changed it in October as my old one wouldn't fit on new motor.
I'm getting from 43E to 45W though, mostly good quality as well. The main diffence is that this one is solid, and seems a lot better than the old *perf* one.
I have a manhattan 120 motor up, though if (when) it dies, I'll probably go for stab as well. Heard a lot of good reports on them.

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
I live just to the North West of London and am getting Hispasat on a Lidl 80cm dish and 0.6LNB. Just over 70% signal quality, it's flaky in bad weather. Having said that, I once managed to get over 90% but I've tweaked the motor alignment a few times since then and never got it back just right.

From looking at the footprint, I think you should probably get slightly more signal than me. I'm not expert, but I reckon your 88+0.3 will work fine.

If your Lidl receiver is the SL55 then I suggest you have a read of http://com3.runboard.com/btheunofficialcomagsite - if you haven't already done so.

Simba.

RaiUn0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
Thanks simba
I am aware of that link on ComagFTA2CI but I've not updated mine with the latest stuff for months as it is currently serving nicely on 19deg at my dads place...until my motor+dish+lnb arrives.

rai

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
triax 88cm is plenty of dish size for picking up hispasat in the manchester area.and the stab120 is the perfect motor to drive it there!! Enjoy your viewing!!

TWAG