Dish size help -Seville

sevilla

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic
My Location
Seville, Spain
First post, sorry if it's in the wrong place!...
I'm in Seville and want to set up my system initially for freeview but with a view to include S*y sports etc. later. I moved from Germany at the start of the year, where I was using an 80cm dish, but I understand that I will need a bigger dish (1.3 metres +??) to get good reception. I no longer have the 80cm dish (sold) but I still have the rest of the kit (LNB, Panasonic box.)
Question: What size dish will I need, and where can I source one? I have read a few other threads and understand that the Gibertini OP150 dish could be the best option?? Any advice welcomed.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Moved your post to a new thread :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum sevilla

If you are wanting sky sports eventually then I suggest you get hold of a sky stb. There are plenty available on Ebay.
There are other ways of watching sky tv on other stb's however, the methods vary from stb to stb and require specific knowledge and experience.

As regards your dish size you require local knowledge as the reception in Spain varies so very much in different parts of the country

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
DM 500 & DM 800HD, Vu+ Duo,
Digital+, Sky+, TDT, Saorview
My Location
Dublin
Here is a map h*tp://www.skyinmadrid.com/images/Astra2D_footprint_med.png

petert74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish
Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Spain
Sevilla

Down here near Gib (southern Cadiz region) and 2 hours away we use the standard 1.3m.

Its the same dish they use in Granada so i think you can get away with it also.

The bigger the better (but obviously not smaller).

dont expect much when it rains though!!!!

adios

fawinds

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR
Nokia 9600S
My Location
England
sevilla said:
First post, sorry if it's in the wrong place!...
I'm in Seville and want to set up my system initially for freeview but with a view to include S*y sports etc. later. I moved from Germany at the start of the year, where I was using an 80cm dish, but I understand that I will need a bigger dish (1.3 metres +??) to get good reception. I no longer have the 80cm dish (sold) but I still have the rest of the kit (LNB, Panasonic box.)
Question: What size dish will I need, and where can I source one? I have read a few other threads and understand that the Gibertini OP150 dish could be the best option?? Any advice welcomed.

I am receiving all the Freesat channels in Seville with the Humax Foxsat HDR and a 1m dish and a 0.1dB Quad LNB.

They pixelate during heavy rain though.