Reaction score
Website
www.sarellitetvinspain.com
My Satellite Setup
pace 430
gibertini 1.25
My Location
Almeria spain
does anyone know what the smallest dish can be used in murcia to pick up fta channels on a fta digibox not a sky digibox .In the almeria province a 1.3 dish is needed for sky systems but i can get fta channels with a 1metre dish and a fta digibox i know that up there you need a 1.8 dish min for sky.i have tryed all sorts of dishes here Almeria and the smallest dish that i could pick up bbc and all the fta channels not sky was 80 cm dish with a fta box

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Are they any channels in particular you are after?

A lot of the FTA stuff on Sky is on either Astra 2D (BBC stuff) or Astra2A/B South beams (Sky news I think, and a few others). For the south beams you can get away with quite a small dish 60-80cm more or less all over spain. Astra 2D is a different story, some areas of the south can pick it up with a 90cm dish, but up the north west coast a 2.0m dish might struggle. Look up this website www.astra2d.com to try and find a 2D report near your area.

For a complete list of channel and beams look up http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Murcia is unfortunately in one of the 'black holes' in Spain where the BBC is at its weakest, signal- wise. Other FTA channels not on 2D will not present a problem.
Sam Radford has a pretty accurate map on his website:
http://sam-radford.me.uk/astra2d.htm

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
What causes this so called black hole? Does the signal just not ´bounce´ properly from the satellite to that location?