Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR
Sony KDL52W5500 LCD TV
Basic Sky Minidish
My Location
Cotswolds-Gloucestershire-UK
Can anyone offer advice on the following:
I have a basic Sky Mini Dish with a single cable outlet, which has fed a basic Panasonic Sky set top box for the past 5 years. Now, having purchased a Humax Foxsat HDR and Sony Bravia KDL52W5500 LCD I need at least two cables from the dish, or three if I run the Sky set top box on a separate TV in another room. So following the expense of this new high quality HD equipment I wonder if it is cost effective to upgrade the Mini Dish to next larger size with a 3/4 way cable outlet or DIY the Mini Dish with a new centre collector with 3/4 way cable outlet, will I see any appreciable difference in the quality of reception? Also can you recommend any supplier offering good prices on equipment and what specification cable I should use? Thanks for any help offered.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No need to change the Dish if you get stable reception on your Sky Box.

Just fit a Quad Output LNB: Easily and cheaply obtainable from a wide variety of source, including Forum Sponsors, eBay, ............

nyorks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR
Sony KDL52W5500 LCD TV
Basic Sky Minidish
My Location
Cotswolds-Gloucestershire-UK
Thanks Tivu, I'll try the inexpensive solution first then and see how it goes, thank you for responding.

montgolfiere

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I receive all European FTA/FTV channels
My Location
Aude, Ariege, P.O, Herault, tarn etc.
the dish may well need fine tuning after fitting the quad, as the extra weight etc. might distort it just a little
the Skyman