Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
Martin Pickering of Satcure is in the process of updating information on reception of 28.2 on extremes of the footprint.

He has asked me for help, I would like to return the favour for the help he has given me and many others in the past.

Can members of this board with relevent information please post- Location, Dish Size, LNB, Default Transponder used & Make/Model of digibox.

I know that a survey was attempted on - http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID23/188.html#
But it seems to have died out.

Thanking all in advance for their help.

Zansi.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Not an extreme as such, but I'd like to confirm that next to the main beams (which of course are just as stong here as in the UK) I can receive an equally strong signal from the supposedly uk-targeted beam too. So all comes in loud and clear on the smallest of Sky's standard minidishes.
My location is near Gouda, the Netherlands.
2old

G

ggkm1

Ibiza Spain, 1.3dish, .6lnb and panasonocs tsb30 box.

Sinal quality nil for 3hours in afternoon. astra 2d lost from 7pm
until next morning.

Understand that even with a 2mtr dish not much improvment.

Would appreciate any advice.

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
I'm very interested in the outcome of this survey. OK here are my observations:
200km WNW of Stockholm Sweden with a 1m Lenson Heath dish, a 0,5 dB Eurostar LNB a Panasonic TU-DSB 30. Fairly good result, channels breaking up on the 2D in heavy rain though.
Cheers
Puffin

Doug

Reaction score
My Location
Palma de Mallorca
Palma de Mallorca here,

Average Dish size: 1.25 mtr (nothing any smaller although some larger)
LNB: 0.6 db
Digibox: Panasonic TU DSB 30
Default transponder set to 11.720 H

I have found that the polarization setting for the LNB is very critcal.

The above is a typical household installation.
I also install and service SeaTel stabilized antenna platforms for the yaching world here in Mallorca with the same results.

North beam signals generaly fade out about 6:30 P.M. and don´t return for 3 to 4 hours on clear sky days. It is worse if there is any cloud cover or serious weather here or in the U.K. or both.

It is the same for all of the systems I have installed for my clients.

I use a Promax Prolink 3+ spectrum analyzer for setting up the systems and can give morning and evening signal stregnth readings if desired.

Regards to the group,

Doug

barney

Reaction score
hi,I live 50 km south of Pescara in the abruzzi in central italy. We have a second hand 2.4m dish with a sharp lnb 1.3 and a panasonic tsb30 decoder.I recieve the north beam omly in the late afternoon(18-22) starting from c4 and the last is c5.But in the mornings i recieve some signal (c5) from 11 -14 .I don't understan why i recieve Eurosport (north beam) always and with a clear signal. We've also moved the lnb and i've got a better signal.I've tried 0.6 mti lnb and had the same results. I'm thinking of getting a bigger dish do you think i'll be able to get more signal quality? I've also noticed tha the network id is there all day but there is no signal quality thanks barney .

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Here in Torreblanca,very near Fuengirola,Spain,I have a offset 120 by135 steel dish,with a mti 0.6 blue-line lnb and both grundig 310/2 or panasonic dsb30.As i do not have a pay card I cant help you with all channels,but,all the fta channels come in fine 98 percent of the time,channel four breaks up a little ,but not much and not often.I have 40 percent signal strength and normally 35 percent quality.This could perhaps be improved,but its too dammed hot to venture out between June and September!
Best of luck... Brian

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
I have a Panasonic Digi box 1.0.R hooked up to a 3.1 meter mesh dish at the foot of the Pyramids in Cairo. It has a cheap universal LNB, 6DB, but I am going to change this to a 3db soon. I get almost everything worth watching except Channel 4 & Granada and I see a scratchy Channel 5 in the day time.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Berlin, Deutschland, calling.

Panasonic TUDBS-30, Nokia (oval shaped, aprox 80cm) dish. Grundig .6bB Universal LNB (don't laugh). Signal strength Very good, Quality Very good. Typically 85%/90% visually.

System works perfectly well with the standard minidish (60%/60%).

Cannot receive low bands transponder's from 2D at all. From either dish. Larger dish receives a tiny, lets say, 3% signal.

Both dishes suffer degredation of signal in extreme weather conditions. Even the 80cm dish suffered recently with a heavy thunderstorm.

Wishing to update dish later (120cm) - (wish I could borrow one!) and change over the LNB, as no-one every talks about Grundig :-)

Otherwise, good quality all round !

Have Fun,

Mark.

aule

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
Hi,
sitting a few kilometers north of Frankfurt, Germany.

Panasonic TU-DSB 30
90 cm Dish
Sharp Universal LNB

Had to realign the dish when they moved some channels to 2D.

Since then: No Problem at all.
Not even serious weather problems..

G

gzhbxm

Here are your votes from Zürich, Switzerland

Norway - Null points
Ireland - Two points
United Kingdom - Ten points (Bucks Fizz!!!)

OK, 53cm Arcon dish "Sweety style" -> effective 75cm
Pace box, black one (2500??) - Pal has same dish + Panasonic model 30 and he's solid too....

Perfect most of the time....usual suspects die in harsh weather.....Tara Hallmark DisneyKids C4 but I am running at 100%/80% happily.

I was talking to someone today who has a minidish and he claims to have no problems either.....pinch of salt with that though I think.....

zansi

Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West UK
I would like to thank all contributors to this survey, some very usefull information has been given and is appreciated.

Does anyone have any information on reception of Astra 2 in Malta ?

Zansi.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you'll all club together and send me out there Zansi, I'd be delighted to send the info back :)

Rolf

A

ABT89R

Hi,

I'm located in Koblenz Germany on the Rhine. My Box is an Amstrad DRX200, and I get normally a signal strength of between 80 & 100%, and a quality of 60 to 80%. Dish is a 6Ocm mesh which was originally supplied with my analogue equipment. I do have some problems that I have been unable to resolve (see my earlier posting) but I don't think that they are related to location or reception.

Regards,

Chas

Tom123

Reaction score
Hi all :D !

I'm in Frankfurt/Mid-Germany. I have a 90cm SABA dish installed (roof installation) and an original Pace Digibox (subscriber since 99). Reception is excellent. Signal strength is at 75%, quality at 60%. Even the 2D channels are ok, although those are the first to go in heavy weather.
I just had my installation upgraded: previously had a multifeed installation for 19.2° and 28.2° with a 85cm dish. That left app. 55cm for ASTRA 2. It was fine until 2D was up and running: no reception whatsoever of those channels. So the bigger dish did the trick (I'm ready for ITV to start on 2D). The downside: I needed a second dish for 19.2° but what the hell... you can't have everything.
Enjoy the heat (32°C here).

TOM

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
Copenhagen Denmark
Ihave a Pace 2500s
I have all channels, all day with a small digidish. NO SIGNAL from Astra 2D even with an 80cm dish

zansi

Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West UK
Pace 2500 not the best unit for edge of footprint situations, due to tuner gain the "zif" tuner is not as sensitive as the earlier tuners.

I would recommend a Panasonic 30 or Grundig GDS 310/2 I use a Pana 30 here in Portugal on a 1,3m dish with .7db lnb and receive all channels most of the time excepting rain or cloudy weather when 2D and north beam of 2B break up.

zansi

N

noddyo1

Montpellier Southern France
No problems at all with;
60cm dish
pace2500b
universal lnb as supplied
In fact as supplied by sky in Uk but I took a 60 cm dish to be on safe side. Mounted dish on 2" pole about 2' of ground and happily watched BBc etc for 2 months uninterupted.
Cant wait till next year when I go back

P

PGH

In central Sweden approx 62.6 N 17.1 E using a 1.4m Luxor offset dish with a Digistar SC-1 LNB (using the Luxor's feed horn) attached to a Nokia 9450S FTA receiver, I get good reception on all FTA channels on the north beam and absolutely nothing on any of the south beam channels.
Very rough calculations based on measurements of the signal strength from TP5 estimate a 4m+ dish required for reliable reception on south beam.

ugania

Reaction score
My Location
pj::Bulaggna
I live in Bologna,nort-middle of Italy, I have an Amstrad 100,who worked quite well for the past 12 months,until recently when the astra 2d was launched..and I wasn't able to get the slightest signal from it..last week in London I bought a Sintec 2thousend lnb (0,3)who improved a bit the signal but not enough for the 2d..my dish is 85cm.. I have the possibility to install a 1,50 dish who has a gain of 43,5..do you think I could succede with that ,in my struggle to watch ITV,HALLMARK, DISNEY etc...? Tank you all...L.Lambertini

Status
Not open for further replies.