Dish size

M

MACLEOD

Could anyone tell me what size offset dishes are available above 1.3mt
but under 2.5mt.

What sort of fixing is required for these sizes? It will be situated on a flat roof 6 storeys up!

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 15-May-02 AT 07:54 AM (GMT)]First question is why do you want to use a Offset dish of this size ?

Offset dishes from Channel Master are available for 1.2mtr 1.8mtr and 2.4 mtr dishes.

The mount for a flat roof is dependent upon the constuction of the building.There are special mounts from such as KTI that allow you to place blocks on the mount to act as ballast and prevent movement.
Check out the KTI site for futher information

But normally you would have a structual engineer design the fixings bolts etc - do not do this yourself i would suggest!

what signals are you looking to recieve and what is your current location.

Old satellite

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Prodelin manufacture a 1.8m receive only dish, their advantage over the Channel Master is the polarmount as standard so motorising is easy to achieve.

Why the need for an offset dish? The 2.4m from Prodelin is a prime focus dish but once again it has a polarmount

I agree that in an install of this nature it is best to check with a structural engineer on both wind loading and amount of concrete necessary to hold the thing down. Additionally it is strongly advised to chain all parts to secure them from sliding across the roof in the winter.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Just thought to add that should you have access to trade business cards then you may be able to purchase the dish from

www.doebis.com for poss 40-50% less than normal UK prices they are based in Germany - near franfurt - they carry a large range of large dishes upto 3.7 mtr in stock. including IRTE prime focus and channel Master etc.
They also have H-H and Polor mounts in stock for dishes upto 3.7 mtr

Old Satellite

M

MACLEOD

Location Ibiza Spain. Reason to be able to get uninterupted coverage of Sky. At present losing cover for up to 4 hours with a 1.3mt dish on Sky Sports,films and ch4.

Thanks for your advice.

Stardust

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
Its not doebis.com, but doebis.de. http://www.doebis.de/doebis/index.html
There are a few producks on their site and no prices.
How do you know its cheap?

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Apolgies for the incorrect link address (I am only human)

I Have not stated that they are cheap, what I have stated is that if you have access to busines related friends then you MAY obtain trade prices.

The advantage is that they carry in stock a very large and competitive range of large C and Ku Band satellite dishes, all of my products are purchased through them.

Their service is excellent- they are however a trade whole sale provider and will not supply single individual users!

If you are trade or have satellite buiness contacts then they will provide a very comprensive price list in word format for free via email on amonthly basis.

I hope this clarifies your previous comments.

Old Satellite

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The UK distributor for Prodelin - Sematron - will sell antennas to private users (at the same price as the RRP direct from the States) so you would save yourselves the cross Atlantic shipping

I would however look at getting the equipment from a dealer in Spain as this will be cheaper and you have some recourse if the size turns out to be wrong.

Have a look at others in your region first to confirm the right size

digdog

Reaction score
My Location
Doghouse
Have a look at:-

http://www.satalogue.com/

- there's loads of big dishes and useful gen.... cheers!:-)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Nothing there with an integral polarmount, only bolt on goodies

www.sematron.com

Cant go wrong

not advertising - honest !