Dish size

reumx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
the guy with a long story to tell, so wise man r u ready to listen?!
My Location
yorkshire
Hello guys

Many thanks for this informtive website. I just had my system deliverd today:
Technomate 1500 super receiver,........technomate 2100a motor,........and 1M funke dish,........Titanium 2nd edition 0.2 LNB:) .

Thanks for the info on here, I am just waiting for a suny day to set it up!:toke:

This question is maybe too late to ask!! but do I need a planning permition for the size of the dish? I live in a mid terrace house and i am going to mount it in the back of the house.

Cheers guys

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
reumx said:
This question is maybe too late to ask!! but do I need a planning permition for the size of the dish? I live in a mid terrace house and i am going to mount it in the back of the house.

Cheers guys

You're allowed up to 1M without planning permission, but make sure your neighbours know this too incase they moan about it... :)

reumx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
Thank you for the quick reply mate. I read that somewhere too but i wasn't sure. I was abit worried when I got the dish today, I only used to see sky dishes in this area you see! lol

Cheers

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
reumx said:
Thank you for the quick reply mate. I read that somewhere too but i wasn't sure. I was abit worried when I got the dish today, I only used to see sky dishes in this area you see! lol

Cheers

Well, all the info is here for dish sizes:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...qs/51478-new-uk-dish-planning-guidelines.html

I'm in a similar area to you, hardly any "proper" dishes to be seen, just old & rusting old sky analogue dishes and the usual sky minidishes, but I've just got myself a 1M dish myself, but it'll be on a ground stand... :)

reumx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
Thanks 2cvbloke for the link.
Ground stand wasn't an option in my case because of the long trees at the back of the garden. I need to mount it on the wall. What make is your new dish if i may ask? I choosed FUNKE becuse i heard it is an ok dish! and 1M because its all about size my friend! lol guss we will see soon!
Cheers

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
reumx said:
Thanks 2cvbloke for the link.
Ground stand wasn't an option in my case because of the long trees at the back of the garden. I need to mount it on the wall. What make is your new dish if i may ask? I choosed FUNKE becuse i heard it is an ok dish! and 1M because its all about size my friend! lol guss we will see soon!
Cheers

Mine's a Channel Master (now under the Andrews brand name), and I like the fact that the dish will never rust away as it's plastic (the bolts & other metalwork may go though), it's a former 2-way satellite broadband dish, mine's also 1M, but I would have had a 1.2m if there was one going cheap enough on eBay!!! :D