Dish TV Azerbaijan

My Satellite Setup
dISHTV INDIA
My Location
AZERBAIJAN
Hi frends,
I am new to this forum, infact i am using a forum for the first time. I am also naive to the kind of tech knowledge being circulated. I have bought a dish tv box from india & am using it in baku, azerbaijan. I get some of the channels stated as under:
star movies, star world, zee action/classic/etc, cnn-ibn, times now, couple of cartoon channels like pogo etc, headlines today, jaya tv, national geographical etc.

However i am not able to get Sony set max or DD1 or DD sports to view the current ICC cricket world cup. It simply gives a message "signal not found". Can some one help me in this? I have a 1.6 mtr dish. You can also write to me directly on shujith*gmail.com.

My Satellite Setup
Topfeild Receiver
My Location
saudi
The advice would will be helpful for me also in Saudi Arabia. I am also getting same channels

My Satellite Setup
dish ng2 emu
vaio power baby
sounds like you are not pointed at the bird its on.
run a check switch in the menu and make sure u got the sat its on

Hell_bite said:
Hi frends,
I am new to this forum, infact i am using a forum for the first time. I am also naive to the kind of tech knowledge being circulated. I have bought a dish tv box from india & am using it in baku, azerbaijan. I get some of the channels stated as under:
star movies, star world, zee action/classic/etc, cnn-ibn, times now, couple of cartoon channels like pogo etc, headlines today, jaya tv, national geographical etc.

However i am not able to get Sony set max or DD1 or DD sports to view the current ICC cricket world cup. It simply gives a message "signal not found". Can some one help me in this? I have a 1.6 mtr dish. You can also write to me directly on shujith*gmail.com.
dear sujith,
please check that u have inserted all the frequency if you are using the old software,if you are using the latest software,please increase your antenna size,i hope this will work out.
thanks
with regards
shabeer pasha
bangalore ,india

Just go to Menu / Settings / Channel Search see if you get around 12 transports, 160 TV Channels and around 24 audio channels then you are getting all transponders or transports. If not you are not getting proper signal increasing dish size might help or if you do not want to increase dish size try out with a invacom or philips brand lnb as these get all the weaker signal transponders to work whereas in case of normal lnb's you might loose some channels. Also what is signal level and quality you get this can be checked on Menu Settings STB Info it will show the software version and the signal levels. Level should and quality has to be above 40% from my experience.

My Satellite Setup
NSS-6 satellite
My Location
Thanks ravi,
your info was really benefiticial and i have checked it but the vertical transponder signal shows only 2percent Could u please recommend me some very powerful Lnb to catch these weaker signals since buying bigger dish is expensive affair here.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
nikhil_amin2003 said:
Thanks ravi,
your info was really benefiticial and i have checked it but the vertical transponder signal shows only 2percent Could u please recommend me some very powerful Lnb to catch these weaker signals since buying bigger dish is expensive affair here.

Theres no such thing as a powerful lnb. You cant amplify whats not there in the first place.

Firstly try adjusting the skew (twist) of the lnb one way and the otherto see if you can peak up the signal a little. However at the end of the day theres no substitute for more metal collecting more signal.

You mentioned that you are using 1.6m dish is this full solid round dish (Prime Focus Dish) or offset (Oval Shape) dish. If you using a full solid round dish then you should go for invacom SNF-031 0.3db C-120 LNB with a adjustable feed horn ADF-120 as shown on this page :
http://www.invacom.com/products.htm

If you using a offset dish then you can go for philips lnb i think the model is F-111 from the top of my head (Made in Germany)

But yes above are only ways to increase the signal level and quality if there is no signal then no chance.

You also mentioned that you are getting some channels so when you scan how many tv channels do you get all together?