B

basheerc

My Satellite Setup
Dishtvinida
My Location
Qatar
Marshal said:
Hi Smitha,
So far nobody posted any experience with Tata sky in Bahrain,though it is being recieved in Qatar with 80% signal(with humax Rcvr). For That also, we dont know whether Tata Sky Card can be used in humax without any Software/hardware modification to rcvr or some modification/upgrade is required. So all user are requested to share there experience on forum so that others can learn if it is worth to buy/bring Tatasky Rcvr to Bahrain. @ Smitha.. if you have access to humax rcvr and Insat dish please try to connect and insert your Tata sky card and see if you can rcv any thing. or if you are not familiar with thease things, I can help you. mail me on no email.

thx

Hai Marshal

How are you

with refernce to your above quote im intrestd to know about that i can get tata sky in qatar, is tata sky card will work on Humax reciever so that i can bring it from India and which dish i need for this. i already have 180 dish which is using as c band for asianet, if you can give me your contact number in qatar is better for me , so please mail me
no email

thanx

Basheer

N

nipatel

My Satellite Setup
Dish TV india
My Location
india
Tata Sky only coming good in Oman. While in UAE still not so good. But coming.
Difficult in Qatar,Bahrain and Kuwait. Do not waste time on that.

Tata Sky card will work on their receiver only. Other receiver it will not work but you will check signals only there with Humax.

However if you try with Dish TV with good technician you will get all channels. Here LNB plays good role . Get some good LNB like Philips or Inverto 0.2 db. Try it you will get it nicely.

S

saju

My Satellite Setup
discuss about satellite tv
My Location
india
Hi,

Is DishTV is banned in in Bahrain?.

It is already banned in UAE. They are catching at the emigration . Anybody replay at the earliset please.

S

saju

My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
smita said:
Hi, I'm new here..
I got a tata sky connection from india- people told me it doesnt work in bahrain.. anyone who can guide me or give information?

any ideas appreciated,
thanks.
Dear Smita,

I Would like to bring one DishTV/Tatasky receiver to bahrain. When did you brought it ? . If you are not using it I would like to purchase from you. also kindly inform me is there any legal problem in bringing the dishTv/Tatasky receiver to bahrain.

thanks in advance

Saju

Hareesh

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
saju said:
Dear Smita,

I Would like to bring one DishTV/Tatasky receiver to bahrain. When did you brought it ? . If you are not using it I would like to purchase from you. also kindly inform me is there any legal problem in bringing the dishTv/Tatasky receiver to bahrain.

thanks in advance

Saju
Restrictions are there in taking the Private DTH provider boxes to Middle East Contries from India. :-Nooo

S

saju

My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
Dear Hareesh,

Is there any reported case of catching people comming with DishTV receiver at Bahrain airport. It is happening in UAE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:confused
Kindly update.

Thank you,
Saju

M

Marshal

My Satellite Setup
NSS6,Nile Sat
1004S, Humax
Windows Vista
My Location
Middle East
saju said:
Dear Hareesh,

Is there any reported case of catching people comming with DishTV receiver at Bahrain airport. It is happening in UAE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:confused
Kindly update.

Thank you,
Saju John
Hareesh,
Never heard any such report in Bahrain. A friend of mine brought DishTV Rcvr 3 months ago, without any problem. I dont know if any restrictions are implemented recently.
Marshal

A

asdf68

My Satellite Setup
NSS6,DISH TV INDIA,KAON KSC-i260MCO
My Location
bahrain
Marshal said:
Hareesh,
Never heard any such report in Bahrain. A friend of mine brought DishTV Rcvr 3 months ago, without any problem. I dont know if any restrictions are implemented recently.
Marshal
hi,

About 6 months back,they confiscated some receivers for some time,but later they contacted them on phone and handed over them back.One of my friend got it back.I think nobody catching now in Bahrain

S

saju

My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
Thanks everybody for the replay to my questions. Anybody recently brought DishTv receiver kindly update.

Thanks in advance

S

saju

My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
Hi,

Which LNB is best suited for DishTV. Based on which criteria LNB should be bought . some measurement like 'db'

Anybody kindly explain

thanks in advance

Saju

A

asdf68

My Satellite Setup
My Location
bahrain
saju said:
Hi,

Which LNB is best suited for DishTV. Based on which criteria LNB should be bought . some measurement like 'db'

Anybody kindly explain

thanks in advance

Saju
Hi,

First i tried lucky star quad output lnb .3db,as 3 of us are using same dish.As there was some problem with some channels,our technician changed it to premiumx quad lnb .3db.After the change,reception improved(I mean better than before).I strongly recommend premiumx .3db universal lnb.You can try other different lnbs also as they are cheaper,may be 1.5 or 2 b.d.One of my friend using Invocam lnb .3 db,its expensive(single output ,he got it for 16 B.D!!) and its not better than my premiumx lnb.

Anybody using newly introduced dish tv VGA box?

P

pardesi

My Satellite Setup
Relook 200S Nilesat Hotbird Asiasat Insat2E
My Location
Kingdom of Bahrain
Last Week my friend passed trough Bahrain airport with Zenega without any problem

F

fawad

Dear Suja
Invocam lnb is very good but for this u need seprat feed horn, premiumx is good LNB but not same to Invocam.
Keep in mind Primiumx model which i found in markeet is bascally for off-set dish, it will NOT give good result on primfocuse dish. try to find Sharp lnb IT IS GOOD & CHEEP THEN Invocam.
A good LNB must set properly, most tech dont have idea about prime focuse & offset dish diffrence.

F

fawad

Suja
0.2 DB LNB is better then .3db but dont beleave what they write, a good brand from Germany/UK of .3db is far beter .2db from...

A

asdf68

My Satellite Setup
My Location
bahrain
fawad said:
Dear Suja
Invocam lnb is very good but for this u need seprat feed horn, premiumx is good LNB but not same to Invocam.
Keep in mind Primiumx model which i found in markeet is bascally for off-set dish, it will NOT give good result on primfocuse dish. try to find Sharp lnb IT IS GOOD & CHEEP THEN Invocam.
A good LNB must set properly, most tech dont have idea about prime focuse & offset dish diffrence.
Hi,
I thinkthe dish we r using in bahrain for nss6 IS off-set dish.So,premiumx 0.3db is best.

S

saju

My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
Hi,

Invacom LNB costs BD 20 in bahrain. seems very costly

S

smita

My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020, tata sky receiver
My Location
BAHRAIN
So looks like no one has succeeded with tata sky in bahrain...
more money down the drain for me :(
looks like i'll have to go with pehla again..

P

pardesi

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kingdom of Bahrain
My Technician told me that Tata Sky is available in Bahrain and I am planning to bring the receiver after one month.
Presently I am using DishTv with Kaon Receiver But I am not satisfied with the Signal Quality for many important Channels like Star Cricket, NDTV Profit and so...

S

smita

My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020, tata sky receiver
My Location
BAHRAIN
pardesi,
I am currently in India with my tatasky receiver with a view of just giving it away to someone who can use it..your reply has made me start to hope again..
I am returning to bahrain on saturday.. i had checked with a guy called prashanth who runs a cable network in manama, and he said dish tv will be received, but not tatasky..So i brought it to india with me thinking it is useless there..
Is there really any chance that tatasky signals will be received in bahrain? Then i will retain my receiver..
Can you provide me contact details of your technician who said signals are being received?
Or could you re-check with him whether he has tested the signals and how much further investment would be required?
I would really appreciate it.
Thank you.

P

pardesi

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kingdom of Bahrain
Hi Smita,
When i Installed DishTV in My Flat the Technician told me that recently he found that the signals for tatasky is available in Bahrain. And Channels are Much Clear than DishTV but not All the Channels available, So i told him that i will change from DishTV to Tatasky. I just need to Tune my Existing Dish to Tatasky Satellite. No other expenses involved.

I dont have the contact number of him but his name Is Paresh and his shop is in Joofri Street near a Gujrathi Cafeteria where 4 roads meet.