Dish TV in Dubai - questions

H

Hamps Hump

My Satellite Setup
none- newbee
My Location
Dubai
Hello All,

I have Dish TV (Zegna receiver) in Dubai and it works fine. I have moved residence and in the process of re-installing the Dish. I would like to know the following as a matter of interest.
  1. What is the best cable to use from Dish to reciever? I read somewhere Belden 1694A is very good.
  2. What is the best LNB to use? I read the Philips is good. I would like to know the model # etc as there are different ones.
  3. What is the best signal booster to use?
  4. If I want to get quality english channels what reciever should i invest in and how would i go about getting these channels.
  5. If anybody knows a good techanician in Dubai, please share.
  6. Finally where can I buy the above. If possible please indicate approx prices.
Thanks in advance.
Hamps Hump

srei

srei

My Satellite Setup
coship receiver 2000,Dreambox 500;2 ku3cband dishes of 2,4,6&8feet,amd 64 pc with 1GB ram usb tv tuner card
My Location
north west india
Except the cable,all other things you have had should be working fine in your new home.Actually there is nothing particular like good or best quality these days,due to competition and technology advancement.
I purchased the best receiver I thought by spending four times the usual
cost of reciever.Due to change of technology from MPEG2 to MPEG4 it is almost useless.

H

Hamps Hump

My Satellite Setup
none- newbee
My Location
Dubai
Hello All,

I expected more replies to my post. However, since then I have researched a bit and come up with what will hopefully be a good solution.

1. I have bought a INVACOM twin LNB model TWH-031 to connect two Dish recievers - twin is 135 AED single is 85 AED
2. I bought CommScope 75 Ohm co-axial cable 60m reel - 50 AED
3. I bought 2 two way spliters (one for each reciever) - 8 AED
4. Dish size is 110cm - cost is about 100 AED
5. Cost of instalation by technician is 150-200 AED

All above products are avaiable in the Knaif road area in Deira from EUROSTAR.

The way I plan to set up is to connect the cable coming from the LNB to the input of the splitter and use any one of the output of the spiltter to connect to the receiver. (leave the other blank or tape it with insulation tape)

I do not have a technically explanation as to why this method can be better than the others but the results are expected to better than using a in-line signal amplifier or connecting the cable directly to the reciever.

I will post an update once I have the Dish fitted this evening.

C

cheap_deal

My Satellite Setup
Eurostar 180cm single panel dish,
prime focus lnb
My Location
UAE
what size dish and what is a good lnb to use in dubai if i live in a villa?
can someone help me find a good installer also?