• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dish TV or TATA Sky

My Satellite Setup
All Satellite Packages
My Location
Egmore, Thamilnadu
What do you think.

Is Dish TV good or TATA Sky.

I heard TATA Sky's Channels are on super quality that Dish TV's.

My Satellite Setup
Dish TV
My Location
India
Well Dish tv have some problem with 5 to 6 channels otherwise channel is clear on Dish TV. Tatasky has also issue with some channels. But Dish tv have more channels than Tatasky and I heard that they will take 5 TP which is free from 15th June because of DD moves. So hoping for some extra channels.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Lets Hopes soo

My Satellite Setup
Dish TV
My Location
India
First channel would be added before 23th June is Star Cricket which likely lunched on 15th june because they are showing program ad of Gully cricket which will be brodcast every saturday from 23th June.

Check the detials during Sportcentre on ESPN.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Availablety on which network.

My Satellite Setup
AverTV Dvb-S ,
Diseq 1.1(4 port),
60CM Ku Band Dish - Nss6,
12ft Meshed C-band Dish - Insat 2E/3B/4A,
Adteknik Mp3.6 USB Card Reader.
+
Hathway(DVB-C) Humax STB
+
Planing to Buy Tata sky & 120 Ku band Dish & a DVB-c Card
My Location
Pune, India
antprod said:
What do you think.

Is Dish TV good or TATA Sky.

I heard TATA Sky's Channels are on super quality that Dish TV's.

HEre is what dish tv broadcasts (check rapidshare link).... trust me they are not showing DVD quality picture... the resolution is 544 x576 cheap..... and audio bitrate for some channels less than 64kbps that like listening to radio!!!.. I recorded this when dish tv was FTA for sometime...

_http://rapidshare.com/files/35887720/STAR_MOVIES_-_May_23_14_25_14.mpg Click here to dowload quality Test video - Dishtv[/URL]

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
I Agree with you in the matter of quality , quality is too much poor. Compare to other FTA Channels . Even sound too.

olisun

My Satellite Setup
, Fibo Gregorian 1.2mtr, Skystar 2
My Location
Hounslow
Indai said:
Well Dish tv have some problem with 5 to 6 channels otherwise channel is clear on Dish TV. Tatasky has also issue with some channels. But Dish tv have more channels than Tatasky and I heard that they will take 5 TP which is free from 15th June because of DD moves. So hoping for some extra channels.
But they will still have to show the DD channels and that means they CAN'T use all the 5 tps for themselves.

Sun TV DTH will gain with DD moving to the same satellite as theirs.

My Satellite Setup
All Satellite Packages
My Location
Egmore, Thamilnadu
tejasphatak said:
HEre is what dish tv broadcasts (check rapidshare link).... trust me they are not showing DVD quality picture... the resolution is 544 x576 cheap..... and audio bitrate for some channels less than 64kbps that like listening to radio!!!.. I recorded this when dish tv was FTA for sometime...

_http://rapidshare.com/files/35887720/STAR_MOVIES_-_May_23_14_25_14.mpg Click here to dowload quality Test video - Dishtv[/URL]

I saw the video and i think too the Dish TV's quality is very poor.

curious

My Satellite Setup
DishTV Zenega CD1006,
Airtel digital TV
My Location
Pune (Latitude: 18° 28'N, Longitude: 73° 52'E), Maharashtra, India
olisun said:
But they will still have to show the DD channels and that means they CAN'T use all the 5 tps for themselves.

Sun TV DTH will gain with DD moving to the same satellite as theirs.
I think, DishTV won't beam DD channels from it's own transponders. INSAT 4B and NSS6 can be viewed simultaneously with dish pointing to NSS6. DishTV would just add DD's INSAT 4B transponder data to its software. Thus enabling DishTV users to recieve DD DTH channels from INSAT 4B without having to do anything.

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
However, I am not receiving Sun TV and Jaya TV and some other FTVs in Dish TV after the INSAT 4B shift. I am receiving DD channels. This is surprsing. My dish is pointing to NSS6. Do I need to do any update on the STB.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
SUN tv and Jaya tv is not a part of dish tv network.

My Satellite Setup
want sattelite
compaq presario notebook
My Location
Mumbai, India
Point blank answer = tata sky

However tatasky misses suntv channels , the extra three zee movies channels & zoom tv .

Otherwise on all scales tatasky comes up the winner.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
Nepal 1 and Punjab Today , FTA. TP 12688 H , SR 27500 .

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
member91040 said:
Nepal 1 and Punjab Today , FTA. TP 12688 H , SR 27500 .
So this TP has been allotted to DISH TV.

My Satellite Setup
Dish TV
My Location
India
Can anyone confirm about this new TP detials from Sat. tracker because satcodex data is not updated from 19th june.

I saw new TP yesterday on Dish Tv around 8 PM but it was removed once agian. That TP shows 12688/h/27500 0.

kannadiga

ಕನ್&#32
My Satellite Setup
ಡಿಶ್ ಟಿವಿ ಜೀನೆಗ 1005S ಮತ್ತು ಟಾಟಾ(ಸ್ಕ್ಯ್ ತಾಂಮಸನ
My Location
ಭಾರತ -ಕನಾ೯ಟಕ (Karnataka-India)
tejasphatak said:

Click here to dowload quality Test video - Dishtv
As on my view,.. check Zee Network channels on TATA(Sky they are also broadcasting poor quality . i agree with u dishtv also broadcasts poor picture quality on some channels..

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
Yes Har Bro , They finally allotted to DISH TV. I think they add more channels. Kann Bro Lets expect for HD.

My Satellite Setup
Dish TV
My Location
India
Hey member91040 bro. How you found it?

Is this channels added in Dish TV?

Please give confirm news. Satcodx does not updated it.:(
I also got only 161 channels.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
Search it you will find it...!