DISH TV - ZENEGA CD 1004 iS SATELLITE RECEIVER SOFTWARE

P

plnarayan

Member
Messages
2
My Satellite Setup
Zenega 1004iS
My Location
UAE
GREETINGS to all

I have recently subscribed to Dish TV and provided with Zenega CD1004iS digibox receiver. During initial set-up, we found that the system hands-up too often and the installation technician said the system needs to be re-software loaded. Could any one please help me get the software and also inform how to connect PC and this sat receiver with serial cable? which serial cable connection cord should i purchase?
Thanks a lot for your quick replies
With best regards
Narayan
 
V

ViReN

Regular Member
Messages
86
My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
Sat's-»13.0E,26.0E,95.0E,105.5E
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
Oh I would be interested in knowing the "Utility" Password too.
 
P

prakasht50

Member
Messages
6
My Satellite Setup
Zenega CD1004is
My Location
Middle East
Hello to You
I have a zenega cd1004is, but i am not able to receive any of the channels. The signal quality and strength is very poor. While the same antenna when connected to a cd1004s receives all the channels the software in both are the same. So what is the difference between a cd1004is & cd1004s. And how do I receive all the channels. I reside in Kuwait. CAN SOMEONE HELP. ---HELP--- HELP
 
V

ViReN

Regular Member
Messages
86
My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
Sat's-»13.0E,26.0E,95.0E,105.5E
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
prakasht50 said:
Hello to You
I have a zenega cd1004is, but i am not able to receive any of the channels. The signal quality and strength is very poor. While the same antenna when connected to a cd1004s receives all the channels the software in both are the same. So what is the difference between a cd1004is & cd1004s. And how do I receive all the channels. I reside in Kuwait. CAN SOMEONE HELP. ---HELP--- HELP
use a 4.5 dish and Philips LNB, the Zenga Recever is one of the cheapest (Dish TV gets it for around Rs. 300 in bulk... ) and it is sold for around Rs. 3500 ... (10 times the cost)
 
P

prakasht50

Member
Messages
6
My Satellite Setup
Zenega CD1004is
My Location
Middle East
ViReN said:
use a 4.5 dish and Philips LNB, the Zenga Recever is one of the cheapest (Dish TV gets it for around Rs. 300 in bulk... ) and it is sold for around Rs. 3500 ... (10 times the cost)

Thanks for the Reply
I am already using 6ft dish with a universal LNB. This works on acd1004s and not on a cd1004is. I wonder why ??.Should I change the LNB to a philips ??
 
V

ViReN

Regular Member
Messages
86
My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
Sat's-»13.0E,26.0E,95.0E,105.5E
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
yes LNB is the key here, it is the one who captures quality signals, amplifies to a level that STB understands and senses them. a good LNB can do magic in catching very low level signals. also, you need to rotate LNB to perfectly align with horizontal and vertical polarities (i have noticed the change in strength of weakest signal at frequency 12595.. just due to rotation)

Phillips made in Germany / Holland (original one) will be one of the best to use.
 
P

pratheepan

Member
Messages
8
My Satellite Setup
ku band dish, zenega cd1004s digital setup box ,p4 2.6 pro amd computer
My Location
srilanka
hello,
i to have signal problem and not response with front panel.in zenega cd1004s. thanking u ,pratheepan
 
N

nithkumar

Member
Messages
13
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV
My Location
INDIA, HOSUR - TAMIL NADU
ViReN said:
Oh I would be interested in knowing the "Utility" Password too.
If you have the Utility Password please mail me also.

advance thanks

nithkumar_s*yahoo.co.in
 
N

nithkumar

Member
Messages
13
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV
My Location
INDIA, HOSUR - TAMIL NADU
Hi,

Please any one help me.
In my Zenega4s receiver (Dishtv -India) after software upgrding i could not Edit the TP & Not able to introduce New TPs, satellites,Datas,
If any one knows the method please reply & mail me.

With old verson software i could ADD New TPs & Satellites, but after the software upgrad i could not.

Please reply to nithkumar_s*yahoo.co.in

Advance Thanks
 
Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
47,046
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
nithkumar said:
Hi,

Please any one help me.
In my Zenega4s receiver (Dishtv -India) after software upgrding i could not Edit the TP & Not able to introduce New TPs, satellites,Datas,
If any one knows the method please reply & mail me.

With old verson software i could ADD New TPs & Satellites, but after the software upgrad i could not.



Advance Thanks
Thats correct - the latest version of the software stops you playing wit the settings :D
 
B

bcjain99

Member
Messages
16
My Satellite Setup
Humax F1 Receiver Zenith DSR310-3-4
60cm Ku dish +911126689454
My Location
India
New Comer to the hobby of DX-TVing. I too had the same problem of not enabled to tune into new satellites, new tps and other programming on my Zenega CD-1004is after it has been updated from NSS-6 signals. Is it possible to revert back to previous version of S/W or getting the original factory reset possible. The manual supplied with the 1004iS gives a lot of possible combinations and tuning made possible of other networks other than Dish Zee's authoritarion dragonic force forced upon us despite of the fact that we have spent a lot of ten times money of original cost of Rs.300/- only. The Handan Broadinfocom of Korea say there Zenega 1004iS has a lot of facility of 4000 channels setting with Disq 1.0 1.2 facilities.
 
N

nithkumar

Member
Messages
13
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV
My Location
INDIA, HOSUR - TAMIL NADU
bcjain99 said:
New Comer to the hobby of DX-TVing. I too had the same problem of not enabled to tune into new satellites, new tps and other programming on my Zenega CD-1004is after it has been updated from NSS-6 signals. Is it possible to revert back to previous version of S/W or getting the original factory reset possible. The manual supplied with the 1004iS gives a lot of possible combinations and tuning made possible of other networks other than Dish Zee's authoritarion dragonic force forced upon us despite of the fact that we have spent a lot of ten times money of original cost of Rs.300/- only. The Handan Broadinfocom of Korea say there Zenega 1004iS has a lot of facility of 4000 channels setting with Disq 1.0 1.2 facilities.
Hi, Thanks for your feed back.
I dont think we can change over to old version, even if we download the old S/W from an old receiver, when you switch it on this receiver after transfering the old version automatically the new S/W may download from the satelllite.

If you find any alternative solution please mail me also.
Advance Thanks.

nithkumar_s*yahoo.co.in
 
G

ghani_pak

Member
Messages
22
Dear brother.
Zenega untility password is 86427531
Enjoy
 
N

nithkumar

Member
Messages
13
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV
My Location
INDIA, HOSUR - TAMIL NADU
ghani_pak said:
Dear brother.
Zenega untility password is 86427531
Enjoy
Thank you brother,

What enjoy?,
if we entered that password we could get only "Download" display, if you OK that, only "Downloading" display appears continiously, nothing more!!!!

Anyway Thanks
 
B

bcjain99

Member
Messages
16
My Satellite Setup
Humax F1 Receiver Zenith DSR310-3-4
60cm Ku dish +911126689454
My Location
India
nithkumar said:
Thank you brother,

What enjoy?,
if we entered that password we could get only "Download" display, if you OK that, only "Downloading" display appears continiously, nothing more!!!!

Anyway Thanks

dear brothers,

if you see the dish tv's website they still give the information under their customer user info how to tune to your receiver. it tells that you thru a lengthy procedure to get into the setup. there you can choose diferent satellites to tune into. but I think that related to there old versioned zenega receivers. Could any one having old sets other than 1004iS please confirm whether they were able to choose different satellites, t/ps and other parameters. What is there now position as to whethere their version remains the same old fashioned or it has now got changed to latest version blocking the old facilities. the old version enabled to tune into various other channels as I heard from some fellows and they found them quite ineresting. As the reports appeared in the press that people watched those uncommon channels Govt. announced strict action against those DTH operators whose softwares allowed easy viewing of those not to be seen channels in India. And I know that only forced Zee-Dish networks to get suitably amended their software versions restricting the tuning of otherthen their DTH platform. Because the uplinking for DTH is to be must from Indian soil in accordance with the Indian laws the new version of Zenega 1004iS stipulates tuning of only Dish network channels. they are between 161-167 in addition to 21 radio channels.
 
N

nithkumar

Member
Messages
13
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV
My Location
INDIA, HOSUR - TAMIL NADU
bcjain99 said:
dear brothers,

if you see the dish tv's website they still give the information under their customer user info how to tune to your receiver. it tells that you thru a lengthy procedure to get into the setup. there you can choose diferent satellites to tune into. but I think that related to there old versioned zenega receivers. Could any one having old sets other than 1004iS please confirm whether they were able to choose different satellites, t/ps and other parameters. What is there now position as to whethere their version remains the same old fashioned or it has now got changed to latest version blocking the old facilities. the old version enabled to tune into various other channels as I heard from some fellows and they found them quite ineresting. As the reports appeared in the press that people watched those uncommon channels Govt. announced strict action against those DTH operators whose softwares allowed easy viewing of those not to be seen channels in India. And I know that only forced Zee-Dish networks to get suitably amended their software versions restricting the tuning of otherthen their DTH platform. Because the uplinking for DTH is to be must from Indian soil in accordance with the Indian laws the new version of Zenega 1004iS stipulates tuning of only Dish network channels. they are between 161-167 in addition to 21 radio channels.

Hi, With the Oldversion I could add t/p s and other parameters, I had received srilankan's TV & Srilankan's SURIAN FM, SAKTHI FM(Both are tamil & FTA )and some other forign channel with the same NSS6 satellite.

In the new version they totally locked that option.

Thanks for your immediate response.
 
member91040

member91040

Regular Member
Messages
1,482
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
nithkumar said:
Hi, With the Oldversion I could add t/p s and other parameters, I had received srilankan's TV & Srilankan's SURIAN FM, SAKTHI FM(Both are tamil & FTA )and some other forign channel with the same NSS6 satellite.

In the new version they totally locked that option.

Thanks for your immediate response.
Any how , You could not able to stop upgradation.
 
B

bcjain99

Member
Messages
16
My Satellite Setup
Humax F1 Receiver Zenith DSR310-3-4
60cm Ku dish +911126689454
My Location
India
member91040 said:
Any how , You could not able to stop upgradation.

I too can confirn ghani..pak's observations. The thing remains same as downloading.

If you go in Zenega 1004 iS Settings--STB --- Setup---Utility-- Enter Code--- OK --- you get downloading ---- and after three seconds the front panel LED starts blinking --- fooling you that the Utilty is downloading. You may keep waiting for any duration of time but the LED will keep on blinking. And that is the trap that as soon you had pressed OK for Downloading -- your Zenega had been hanged-up. Neither red, green , yellow or blue buttons will give you any relief from that hanging. And now the only option will be available for you would be to power off the set. Reboot the Zenega and now in the same boring Dish Tv's channel 999 active dish.

I have Scientific Atlanta D9236. I have gone through a lot of web pages and searched a lot about it. Almost nothing appear about this decoder and I think of starting a new thread for D9236. Every one welcome for further information about this set.

Thanks
 
G

ghani_pak

Member
Messages
22
Hi brothers.
Utility password only for receiver to receiver upgarde and nothing else its not downloading any thing from satellite.
For upgarding from satellite there is another option stb upgrade if u already upgarded than nothing happen.

Thanks and best regrads.
 
M

Marshal

Member
Messages
24
My Satellite Setup
NSS6,Nile Sat
1004S, Humax
Windows Vista
My Location
Middle East
prakasht50 said:
Hello to You
I have a zenega cd1004is, but i am not able to receive any of the channels. The signal quality and strength is very poor. While the same antenna when connected to a cd1004s receives all the channels the software in both are the same. So what is the difference between a cd1004is & cd1004s. And how do I receive all the channels. I reside in Kuwait. CAN SOMEONE HELP. ---HELP--- HELP
Hi,
I am having identical problem in Bahrain.I have 45% signal , 1004s is working fine but 1004is rcving only star channels,Jain TV,Headlines today only. No any chanel off zee or DD at all. Please advise.
 
Top