S

suren_der

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV
My Location
BAHRAIN
plnarayan said:
GREETINGS to all

I have recently subscribed to Dish TV and provided with Zenega CD1004iS digibox receiver. During initial set-up, we found that the system hands-up too often and the installation technician said the system needs to be re-software loaded. Could any one please help me get the software and also inform how to connect PC and this sat receiver with serial cable? which serial cable connection cord should i purchase?
Thanks a lot for your quick replies
With best regards
Narayan
Dont follow your technician, he is useless, pls go any otehr dish tv user and get the programe installed and then try to get the frequency with your dish.

All the best and better use any other guy who knows his job.

regards

surender

S

suren_der

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV
My Location
BAHRAIN
asdf68 said:
Dear Mr.Surendar,

can you please explain the procedure like how many coils we have to use and where to connect the wires.
its basically has 10 rings in the coil and there is a gap after the 5th ring. you have to increase or decrease the gap depends on the signal boosting.

hope this will be ok for u to setup your dish tv

regards

surender

G

gsmsikar

is there any solution to unlock this zenega CD1006S ?

i want to use this receiver as a free to air only ..

please help , is there any way ?

V

varunous

My Satellite Setup
nss 6, windows xp
My Location
dubai
Marshal said:
Dear Rahul,
Please go through this thread from begining (http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dedicated-dth-india-region/85912-indian-dth-middle-east.html) and dont waste yor time and money on 1004is. as mentioned earlier, this model is not working in Midle East, I can tell for sure that this will not work in Bahrain(Unable to find the reason,dspite extensive reserch). Try to get any older model of Zenega or any model of Kaon. you can PM me for further discusion or u can call me on phone number removed - admin.

Marshall
Bahrain Resident.
I just got a zenaga1004is. from india to dubai. my building has a centralised satalite system. I am have pehla on my starsat reciever. while tuning starsat reciver on nss6 (lnb type universal) I get around 40 channels on these tp frequencies:

12.638 (v) 13300

12.647 (h) 27500

12.688 (v) 27500

12.729 (v) 27500

I can even see the free to air :

dish interactive and icici active on the starsat So I am definately getting nss6 signal in my cable line

my signal is around 48/65 for all these tp frequencies when I check on starsat reciever but all the channels are scrambled with conax and secca

But when I connect the same line to my new zenaga1004is. it shows no signal at all (2/3 %)

DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE LNB FREQUENCIES IN THE RECIEVER SETTINGS.

Default settings are

LNB HI frequency (MHrtz) 10600

LNB LO frequency (MHrtz) 09750

I tried a few options if i give a diffrent numbers for HI and Lo noting is happening but if I put 11500 for both HI and LO home transponder 12.688 (v) 27500 goes green with 50/65 signal. but I think that makes it nilesat. I have no idea about hi and low as my last reciever starsat had only one number for LNB type where you could put one frequency or universal as option

GUYS PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE

V

varunous

My Satellite Setup
nss 6, windows xp
My Location
dubai
is there any way to use dishtv smart card with a diffrent reciver.???????? as zenega is realy sad. my zenega 1004is is catching only one transponder with 25% quality when on the same line my starsat catches 5 dish tv transponders with quality of more than 60%

V

varunous

My Satellite Setup
nss 6, windows xp
My Location
dubai
hi I ve got a zenega 1004 is ( i know its a bad start.....) my buildng has a centralized dish system working on diseq and 22khz. my lnb setting is on diseq 1.

When i conect the cable directly I get two transponders
12638 v 13300 (45%/60%)
12688 v 27500 (29/35)

when i introduced a line splitter in the wire i gain one transponder but i lost one as well ( strange)
12638 v 13300 (40/50)
12534 v 40700 (47/55)
but i loose 12688 v 27500 (2/3)

when i tried to attach an in line amplifier 10db (950-2150 mhz) I got no signal at all
Does any body know if this is due to disceq system istalled or something else

is there ant other way i can amplify the signal

when i use the same line with a diffrent reciever (starsat) i get more than 60% signal for 5 dish tv transponders

guys please help

M

MICRO

My Satellite Setup
dear, sir
zenega cd1004is data cord RS232 digram . send my email .thanks sir
My Location
INDIA
Hi,

Please any one help me.
In my Zenega4s receiver (Dishtv -India) after software upgrding i could not Edit the TP & Not able to introduce New TPs, satellites,Datas,
If any one knows the method please reply.

Aafancier

Aafancier

My Satellite Setup
Zenega 95010-07073 Homecast, 42 E, 25.5 E, 95 E, 93.5E, 75E, 90E, 105.5 & 100.5 E C band, FTA STB, 90 cm ku band Dish, 120 cm Dish, Dishtv 70 cm Dish, Sun Dish, Big tv Dish. Di-sec Switch
My Location
India
there is no method........... But u can downgrade ur software............

M

mktewary

My Satellite Setup
NSS6
My Location
INDIA
zenega CD-400iS when powered up its start LED blinks lightly and proceed to max intensity within 30 minutes. previously the same phenomena take 5Min. only. when intensity gets maximun it works properly.Can anybody help me what may be the reason and its rectification.:confused

Aafancier

Aafancier

My Satellite Setup
Zenega 95010-07073 Homecast, 42 E, 25.5 E, 95 E, 93.5E, 75E, 90E, 105.5 & 100.5 E C band, FTA STB, 90 cm ku band Dish, 120 cm Dish, Dishtv 70 cm Dish, Sun Dish, Big tv Dish. Di-sec Switch
My Location
India
did u talk with dishtv's CC............ what they said about it............

A

alamgir80

My Satellite Setup
Zenega ,windows xp
My Location
Rajshahi
any one have "Zenega CD1004iS" old bin file ?

Aafancier

Aafancier

My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
no one has that.............

O

odiyan

OdiYaN
My Satellite Setup
ZENEGA DISHTV
My Location
ME
mktewary said:
zenega CD-400iS when powered up its start LED blinks lightly and proceed to max intensity within 30 minutes. previously the same phenomena take 5Min. only. when intensity gets maximun it works properly.Can anybody help me what may be the reason and its rectification.:confused
Try changing the filter capacitors in the power section of the receiver.

S

saamer40

My Satellite Setup
ku satellites
My Location
mabuto
I have been using Zenega for last 4 years withouth any problems. You must only use LNBs wchich have been tries and tested by others. You can also change Zenega Home frequency very easily. Once you are on existing Home frequency just enter password 7531 and press OK. Thats it. You can set frequency what you want.

Saamer
DXer

D

dipok

My Satellite Setup
dishtv
My Location
india
pl. help me how to transfer firmware from one Zenega set top box to other zenega CD-400iS .

D

dspdsp

My Satellite Setup
DishTV DTH
Zenega 1004s Receiver
90cm offset Sharp dish antenna
My Location
india
1.You will need two STBs.
2. Target( the one you want to update ) and Source
3. Connect these two with RS-232 cable ( Null modem )
4. Go to Download Menu and Start

For more details refer to previous posts on the forum.

D

dipok

My Satellite Setup
dishtv
My Location
india
Sir Kindly guide me step by step ,and kindly help me to make the RS232 cable.kindly reply me

K

kaySun

My Satellite Setup
Zenega CD-1004iS
Humax IR-FREE
Alfa AD-7300+
Philips XD-300 (Modified for a particular NW)
My Location
Chennai, India & Middle East
Hi greetings to all.

This is my first posting on this forum. With regard to Zenage CD-1004iS problems like freezing, poor signal reception, etc. I would like to share with you all my experience with the same. I have tried all tricks that have been posted over the years on this forum but none of them really helps as the tuner which were used by M/S Dishtv was a crap one as I learnt. I landed up with a major problem that it will never ever perform an OTA with the fascia LED going half red/green, green, blank and on the tv screen I use to see updating in progress for a few seconds then the screen will go blank - meaning receiver reset, etc. I have to switch off via remote exactly at a moment when it starts after a reset then I could watch some channels neatly but with many others with permanent glitch or no pic at all.

I had an opportunity to play around with another set of the same type (but with internal 3 pin connection probably for any programming i.e. no 9 pin D shell connection on the back) but issued by above M/S Dishtv at a later date. I desoldered the tuner from the later one and fixed it the first one (one with 9 pin D shell port on the back)...poof! all is well. It showed improved signal strength where it used to be very, very poor on certain frequencies. OTA went thru first shot and all channels are clear and glitch free. The tuner used is by LG TDQJ-P002F. I did not bother about upgrade of SW, FW, etc.

I vaguely remember someone in one of the forums mentioning that tuner on 1004iS is abs crap and he/she is dead right.

WARNING!: But desoldering/soldering tuner is a tough process and do not undertake unless you are sure what you are doing. Best would be to get a tuner - which is very difficult - and cut the legs off existing one with long snout cutter, desolder pins and fix a new one. For tech details visit
_http://www.serit.com.cn/UploadFile/Soft/20093516121982867.pdf

Do not complain or blame this forum or me if you attempt without knowing what you are doing and end up with a dead or non-working receiver. If you attempt the above you will be doing so solely at your own risk.

Now my question is that if the tuner is crap will M/S Dishtv acccept it and replace/repair such sets at their cost instead of forcing customers to buy a new one?

K

kaySun

My Satellite Setup
Zenega CD-1004iS
Humax IR-FREE
Alfa AD-7300+
Philips XD-300 (Modified for a particular NW)
My Location
Chennai, India & Middle East
Hi greetings to all.

This is my first posting on this forum. With regard to Zenage CD-1004iS problems like freezing, poor signal reception, etc. I would like to share with you all my experience with the same. I have tried all tricks that have been posted over the years on this forum but none of them really helps as the tuner which were used by M/S Dishtv was a crap one as I learnt. I landed up with a major problem that it will never ever perform an OTA with the fascia LED going half red/green, green, blank and on the tv screen I use to see updating in progress for a few seconds then the screen will go blank - meaning receiver reset, etc. I have to switch off via remote exactly at a moment when it starts after a reset then I could watch some channels neatly but with many others with permanent glitch or no pic at all.

I had an opportunity to play around with another set of the same type (but with internal 3 pin connection probably for any programming i.e. no 9 pin D shell connection on the back) but issued by above M/S Dishtv at a later date. I desoldered the tuner from the later one and fixed it the first one (one with 9 pin D shell port on the back)...poof! all is well. It showed improved signal strength where it used to be very, very poor on certain frequencies. OTA went thru first shot and all channels are clear and glitch free. The tuner used is by LG TDQJ-P002F. I did not bother about upgrade of SW, FW, etc.

I vaguely remember someone in one of the forums mentioning that tuner on 1004iS is abs crap and he/she is dead right.

WARNING!: But desoldering/soldering tuner is a tough process and do not undertake unless you are sure what you are doing. Best would be to get a tuner - which is very difficult - and cut the legs off existing one with long snout cutter, desolder pins and fix a new one. For tech details visit
_http://www.serit.com.cn/UploadFile/Soft/20093516121982867.pdf

Do not complain or blame this forum or me if you attempt without knowing what you are doing and end up with a dead or non-working receiver. If you attempt the above you will be doing so solely at your own risk.

Now my question is that if the tuner is crap will M/S Dishtv acccept it and replace/repair such sets at their cost instead of forcing customers to buy a new one?

M

muddu

My Satellite Setup
KU-band DTH , Dish TV INDIA
My Location
china
hi sir
i have heard of some website who telecast online Tv of Indian channel , & they give som modem type unit which we have to connect it Internet Lan then to Tv by this we can watch Indian channel anywhere in world , is that true ? if it is plz let us know how it work so that we enjoy indian channel here , thanks u
muddu/...