Dishsize in Halland, south of GBG Sweden

john14

Reaction score
My Location
halland, sweden
Calling all SkySwedes!

Långås (level with falkenberg), Halland - abort 100km south of Gothenberg. For my love of Irish Rugby, help me find the right dish/LNB!!
Can't afford the trips up and down to The Dubliner in GBG. Have Sky digibox + card.
Has anyone had any luck with snaring the elusive Astra 2D in Halland????
All tips gratefully received.
J.P

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
john14 said:
Calling all SkySwedes!

Långås (level with falkenberg), Halland - abort 100km south of Gothenberg. For my love of Irish Rugby, help me find the right dish/LNB!!
Can't afford the trips up and down to The Dubliner in GBG. Have Sky digibox + card.
Has anyone had any luck with snaring the elusive Astra 2D in Halland????
All tips gratefully received.
J.P

This is a good place to start:

http://www.astra2d.co.uk/

Look in the 'Astra 2D Reports' section

But if I remember correctly, reception along the west coast is not too good, so you might need a biggish dish.

Corrigap

john14

Reaction score
My Location
halland, sweden
cheers Corrigap, I've read through the old threads and realise this is an old theme that keeps coming back. What do you have in Lund? Enough to keep you out of Glorias on a saturday? i've read all the astra sat official stuff and the various unofficial. Contact now with Sky in Swe and Europe page ran by Richard - you may know of his mapping requests earlier this year - who suggests 1.8m minimum. I've been quoted 4-5,000 sek for them - sound right?
Tempted to go with the 1.5m option due to the huge price difference.
If you know of any good stockists I've be grateful for the tips. And it sems much of a muchness with regard to LNBs...
Best regards
J.P

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
john14 said:
cheers Corrigap, I've read through the old threads and realise this is an old theme that keeps coming back. What do you have in Lund? Enough to keep you out of Glorias on a saturday? i've read all the astra sat official stuff and the various unofficial. Contact now with Sky in Swe and Europe page ran by Richard - you may know of his mapping requests earlier this year - who suggests 1.8m minimum. I've been quoted 4-5,000 sek for them - sound right?
Tempted to go with the 1.5m option due to the huge price difference.
If you know of any good stockists I've be grateful for the tips. And it sems much of a muchness with regard to LNBs...
Best regards
J.P

I've got a 1.8m Channel Master with feedhorn, which gets me horizontal reception about 97-98% of the time. That does me ok. I had a Gibertini 1.5m before but quickly got fed up with ITV/BBC not being there most of the time.

I would say that you need at least a 1.8 or preferably a 2.0 m dish where you are. I know it's expensive but a 1.5 will be disappointing and, like me, you'll probably want to upgrade after a while. If the 4-5000 is for a CM and includes installation and a feedhorn, then it's a good deal. I paid 17,000 with installation, feedhorn etc. The LNB *is* important; so go with an Invacom 0.3, preferably a twin or a quad version, or the MTI AP82, twin or quad.

Corrigap

john14

Reaction score
My Location
halland, sweden
Thanks for that. Sounds wise. Will let you konw how I got on..
What about the fellow in kållared, saint was it? how did you get on in the end?
J.P

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
I can go along with what Corrigap has mentioned. I lie somewhere between you and Corrigap, and I also use a 1.8m CM. I have a MTI AP82 Twin, and its running sound. I have full reception, but it goes slightly on days of very bad weather..eg snow.
The price you was quoted is very good. I paid something like 7000 for mine. See the thread below for more info
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=5818&page=6&pp=15

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
One other thing...does anyone know if astra.co.uk is still working? I am having problems enterring the website.

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
System2..
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
sorry...its up and running now!

miguel e.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky pace 26 reciver
packard bell pc.
My Location
halmstad-sweden n-56,5 e-12,8
Hej john14, miguel e from Halmstad how
did you get on with what size dish to mount.
Did you go for a 180cm or a 2,4cm? do you now have astra 2d?
I have the same problem that you had ,how BLOODY Big do i need to go!
any answers...

best regards
Miguel E.

Chancer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amstrad Receiver
Schwager LNB
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Hej John14. Did you get your quote for the 1.8m dish from a Swedish supplier? If so, could you forward me the contact details?

Much appreciated

Chancer