Status
Not open for further replies.
D

desiguy

My Satellite Setup
its mint!
My Location
Australia
Hey guys, just wanting to know whether DishTV India will work in Australia? I bought the KAON unit + Smart card (paid for 1 year pre-pay subscription) and have taken it back to Australia. Have not plugged in yet. According to Lyngsat NSS6 (DishTV India's Satellite) has reception in Australia but just to be sure I ACTUALLY e-mailed NSS6 Technicians and they said that it will not work and the reason being that, the pay TV operators invest Million of dollars in content rights and distribution and they know how to recover their investment. The Indian beam only covers India on NSS-6 and you can't receive it here. Thats what he said.

is it true? even though there is KU band reception in Australia from NSS6, will DishTV India package not work here? Has anyone else had any luck running it in Europe or Australia?

Thanks

kwaan

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There is Ku band reception from that satellite in Australia, but the satellite has different beams and as the tech guy says, the one used by Dish is centered on India, you would need a massive dish to receive it in Australia.

D

desiguy

My Satellite Setup
its mint!
My Location
Australia
thanks for the quick reply rolfw....

afancier

afancier

My Satellite Setup
Zenaga STB CD1002S, Three solid Ku band Dish. 60Cm,70cm,90cm getting Nss6 95E, Yamal201 90E, ABS1 75E, EuroBird2 26E at 26E. Disec SWITCH
My Location
Amritsar
desiguy said:
Hey guys, just wanting to know whether DishTV India will work in Australia? I bought the KAON unit + Smart card (paid for 1 year pre-pay subscription) and have taken it back to Australia. Have not plugged in yet. According to Lyngsat NSS6 (DishTV India's Satellite) has reception in Australia but just to be sure I ACTUALLY e-mailed NSS6 Technicians and they said that it will not work and the reason being that, the pay TV operators invest Million of dollars in content rights and distribution and they know how to recover their investment. The Indian beam only covers India on NSS-6 and you can't receive it here. Thats what he said.

is it true? even though there is KU band reception in Australia from NSS6, will DishTV India package not work here? Has anyone else had any luck running it in Europe or Australia?

Thanks

kwaan
no............... forget it.....................

Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
desiguy said:

Thanks

kwaan
NSS6 is below the eastern horizon in most of Europe so theres no chance whatsoever of anyone trying it even with a monster dish

O

olisun

My Satellite Setup
, Fibo Gregorian 1.2mtr, Skystar 2
My Location
Hounslow
Analoguesat said:
NSS6 is below the eastern horizon in most of Europe so theres no chance whatsoever of anyone trying it even with a monster dish
This guy is in Australia and not in Europe

afancier

afancier

My Satellite Setup
Zenaga STB CD1002S, Three solid Ku band Dish. 60Cm,70cm,90cm getting Nss6 95E, Yamal201 90E, ABS1 75E, EuroBird2 26E at 26E. Disec SWITCH
My Location
Amritsar
olisun said:
This guy is in Australia and not in Europe
Even not in Aus..............

O

olisun

My Satellite Setup
, Fibo Gregorian 1.2mtr, Skystar 2
My Location
Hounslow
afancier said:
Even not in Aus..............
from the original post

desiguy said:
Hey guys, just wanting to know whether DishTV India will work in Australia? I bought the KAON unit + Smart card (paid for 1 year pre-pay subscription) and have taken it back to Australia. Have not plugged in yet.

S

sunilmamgain

My Satellite Setup
Free to air dish
My Location
Indonesia
Mate,
I live much higher than you in indoneisa near surabaya. I also tried Dish TV , but it is not working. Hard luck. The footprints are not available in our region. Dish guys from India told me that we can not receive these signals in our region. However, they are soon going to start a service for south pacific region. They have even taken our phone number and address for future contact.
Cheers
Sunil

desiguy said:

Thanks

kwaan

P

pd79

My Satellite Setup
nss6
My Location
sydney
kwaan

any luck with the dish tv in Australia???

I am in the same situation.

Please advice.

Thanks

PD

Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
pd79 said:
kwaan

any luck with the dish tv in Australia???

I am in the same situation.

Please advice.

Thanks

PD
No change - you are still well outside the transmission area :D

L

luky4510331

My Satellite Setup
tata sky
My Location
brisbane
hi friends
i live in brisbane , i bought tata sky from india
is it work hare, i need technical help for setting
plz help me
thanks
luky

Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You cant get it to work - you are too far outside the transmission coverage area!

A

arwsf9374

My Satellite Setup
I have satellite dish on asiasat3s..lokking to setup also on asiasat2
My Location
Australia, brisbane
Hi, Guys
Just wanna know if anybody has any luck with tata sky or dish tv or Sundirect. I have heard many people saying it doesn't work here in australia but did find few people saying it is working. Is there anyone here has tried any of this service here. Specialy in brisbane as I am located in brisbane. I have brought Sundirect receiver from gulf as it is working there without any problem and thought will work in australia also. As it is broadcasting on Insat 4B satellite which the footprint looks promising. Any help is appreciated.

S

sunny123

My Satellite Setup
yet to buy sateliite dish and reciever setup i use compaq laptop.
My Location
Brisbane, Australia
liky i am also from brisbane please tell others as well if tata sky is working here in brisbane....

S

shamik

My Satellite Setup
NSS6
My Location
Australia
Hi Guys,
Any luck with dish TV in Australia. According to the following site and its content Dish TV should be available in Australia. Also, a Dish TV distributor confirmed that its running successfully in Middle East and is surely be available in Australia as well. Satellite is still same 'NSS6' at 95 degrees East. The footprints and descriptions at _http://www.ses-worldskies.com/worldskies/satellites/fleet/nss-6/index.php?ca=&ol=&sat=NSS-6 says the same. Anyone has got luck with dish TV in Australia?

Thnx.

Shamik

Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
shamik said:
Hi Guys,
Any luck with dish TV in Australia. According to the following site and its content Dish TV should be available in Australia. Also, a Dish TV distributor confirmed that its running successfully in Middle East and is surely be available in Australia as well. Satellite is still same 'NSS6' at 95 degrees East. The footprints and descriptions at _http://www.ses-worldskies.com/worldskies/satellites/fleet/nss-6/index.php?ca=&ol=&sat=NSS-6 says the same. Anyone has got luck with dish TV in Australia?

Thnx.

Shamik
Yes NSS 6 might cover Australia but you have failed to take into account that there are multiple coverage footprints :D

Dish India uses this one and there isnt any hope whatsoever for getting it in Oz!

Attachments

G

gsandhu2305

My Satellite Setup
dish tv
My Location
innisfail qld australia 4860
i am in innisfail qld australia 4860.i had got dish tv setup box from india.it is working very good over here.i am watching all indian channels.dish tv works in australia.

Lazarus

Lazarus

Tout Rond Bon Oeuf
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
@gsandhu2305

You've Posted the same thing four times >> I've removed three of those Posts.

P

puneet.au

My Satellite Setup
hey finally someone posted that his Dish tv working in Australia.. i need help setting up the Dish
My Location
Melbourne
i am in innisfail qld australia 4860.i had got dish tv setup box from india.it is working very good over here.i am watching all indian channels.dish tv works in australia.
Hello guys
Finally someone has said that Dist tv is working in Aus. I just brought dish tv and try to setu. Plz help me to setting up dish if you know the LMB angle and Elevation angle.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.