DishTV now uses S*ca2 TOO.... .... think think.....

ViReN

My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
Sat's-»13.0E,26.0E,95.0E,105.5E
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
I just had a look at http://**w.flysat.com/nss6.php

and read
Conax
Mediaguard2

and .... mind started clicking........ are there any possibilities ????

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
I am not able to understand what does it mean. Can any one explain what he means to say by reading that?

My Satellite Setup
IBM Laptop, Humax with 90 cm dish
My Location
Karwar
Magesh said:
I am not able to understand what does it mean. Can any one explain what he means to say by reading that?
Hi Magesh

Basically he is looking out a method to watch encrypted content for free :-worship

:-doh2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Magesh said:
He is hoping theres the possibility of h&cking Dish using the new Mediaguard encryption system. Whilst M2 isnt the most secure system here in Europe, it still holds up fairly well most of the time.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Humm ViReN Bro, Yes they are using Seca since last long time, Since the introduction, or sony package times.

mcruiser

Yes its been like that for long. And its the the STAR package channels that are encrypted in Seca2. I have also noticed that the receivers with older software versions cannot decode these channels, even if you have subscribed to them.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
mcruiser said:
Yes its been like that for long. And its the the STAR package channels that are encrypted in Seca2. I have also noticed that the receivers with older software versions cannot decode these channels, even if you have subscribed to them.
Bro the time for the release of the receiver was conax, but due to tech change it dosent work.

hsenet

Accustomed Geek
My Satellite Setup
Satellite: Dish Tv India With Zenega and Beetel 96 SD amp receiver. 60 cms( Dish TV) and 90 cms(MCBS) dishes.

My Computer: Intel Core Duo 3.4GHz, 512MB DDR2 ram,FC6 And Win XP-SP2
My Location
Mangalore,Karnataka,India
I donot understand one thing though:
How can a single access card can be used for 2 encryption systems? How can a conax card/cam decode a MediaGuard2 encryption? Can somebody enlighten me?
And is Seca2 the same encryption system as MediaGuard2?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
How can a single access card can be used for 2 encryption systems? How can a conax card/cam decode a MediaGuard2 encryption?

It cant. Special multicrypt cams can do just that though - they have electronic gubbins inside that can emulate more than one encryption system

And is Seca2 the same encryption system as MediaGuard2?

Yes

hsenet

Accustomed Geek
My Satellite Setup
Satellite: Dish Tv India With Zenega and Beetel 96 SD amp receiver. 60 cms( Dish TV) and 90 cms(MCBS) dishes.

My Computer: Intel Core Duo 3.4GHz, 512MB DDR2 ram,FC6 And Win XP-SP2
My Location
Mangalore,Karnataka,India
It cant. Special multicrypt cams can do just that though - they have electronic gubbins inside that can emulate more than one encryption system
Does it mean that our Dish Tv systems have multicrypt? Or how does our Zenega recievers decrypt both Conax And Mediaguard2?

My Satellite Setup
Zenaga STB CD1002S, Three solid Ku band Dish. 60Cm,70cm,90cm getting Nss6 95E, Yamal201 90E, ABS1 75E, EuroBird2 26E at 26E. Disec SWITCH
My Location
Amritsar
u can't watch dishtv without payments. as i never heared it..

My Satellite Setup
dishtv my set top box is zenega CD-1004iS
My Location
visakhapatnam
is ther any way that we can decrypt the system so that we can use the zenega stb to program and search for other channels that are avilble fta on ther sats?

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
j2kthunder said:
is ther any way that we can decrypt the system so that we can use the zenega stb to program and search for other channels that are avilble fta on ther sats?
Bro there is no way out, For freaken stbs for dish tv.

ViReN

My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
Sat's-»13.0E,26.0E,95.0E,105.5E
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
there is.... shhhh ;)

My Satellite Setup
Planning to buy for DishTV
My Location
Hyderabad, India
member91040 said:
Bro there is no way out, For freaken stbs for dish tv.
If there is no way, then how do you think the hardware box [Zenega or whatever STB] is decrypting it.
There is definetly "logic" which is in h/w, all we need is to figure out and break it.

That is how DvdShrink and other dvd decrypting systems were developed.

May be any dreambox driver developers can enlighten us.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
Logic is defince as reading 1000 books, No way is impossible, Impossible is possible.

My Satellite Setup
AverTV Dvb-S ,
Diseq 1.1(4 port),
60CM Ku Band Dish - Nss6,
12ft Meshed C-band Dish - Insat 2E/3B/4A,
Adteknik Mp3.6 USB Card Reader.
+
Hathway(DVB-C) Humax STB
+
Planing to Buy Tata sky & 120 Ku band Dish & a DVB-c Card
My Location
Pune, India
Okies. Lets get this thing sorted out..

Here is how dish tv encryption works . Dishtv uses Conax Cas7.

While laying the standards for DVB-S (satellite) they integrated a basic scrambling . That is called as CSA (common scrambling Algorithm Also know as BISS). Which is just like giving a password to the stream which inturn decrypts the stream. Its a simple encryption. The password is called as DCW (decoded controlled word). While the higher encryption system (NDS,Conax etc etc )encrypts this DCW.

Basically speaking a Encrypted Control Word(i.e Encrypted DCW) or ECW for short is sent to every card in a message called an Entitlement Control Message or ECM. A new ECW is sent to every card simultaneously every 5 or 10 seconds or so. The Card uses the current Operational Key (Key 20, Key21) to decode this ECW into a decoded Control Word or DCW. The algorithm used to do this decoding of the ECW into DCW is called RSA.The DCW is then returned by the Smart Card to the CAM, where it is used to decode the incoming video signal. This is done within the CAM using a system called CSA (Common Scrambling Algorithm) to decode the incoming video into a viewable picture. From the above we can understand that all cards have the same Operational Key values, because they all have to decode the same ECW to clear a channel. Got that? Good.... Now where do those Operational keys come from and how do they get into the card. Well in the old days they would be preloaded into all the cards when they were manufactured. The problem with this (for the providers, not for us!) is that when hackers opened any one card and got the keys, the only way the provider could stop pirate veiwing would be to replace all the cards. Expensive to do! So with current systems (like Conax) we have a further step up the ladder. The Operational keys are sent to all the subscriber cards over the air in a message called an EMM (Entitlement Management Message). This EMM contains the new Operation Keys to be used next. Obviously hackers are not allowed to log these new Operation Keys being sent, so again these operational keys in the EMM are encrypted using RSA. However there is an important difference between EMM and ECM. Where ECM are sent simultaneously to all cards, EMM are sent separately to every card in turn. An EMM contains an Address of a specific card (known as UA or SA), and an encrypted operational key. The operational key is encrypted in RSA using a Master Key. This Master Key in conax is key10, and every single card has it's own unique Master Key 10, so a card can only decrypt the EMM addressed specifically to that card. In other words every EMM contains different encrypted data that can only be decoded by the card it is meant for. This means that Conax can choose which cards it want's to update with the new key 20 or 21, and which cards it no longer wants to update - like when the subscription expires for example, or a card is reported stolen or lost.

About RSA.
This is one of the strongest Encryption algorithm. Using distributed computing (ie large scale computing eg.SETI) it took 250 days just to crack a 56-bit encrypted method using brute force attack. So think how much computing power and how many years will be required to beak 1024bit (as per my knowledge) encryption which is used by conax????

Dishtv uses Cas7 at this point of time. Cas3 and earlier were cracked because of hardware vulnerability (i.e the hackers were able to extract the Master Keys.).

So Techincally speaking its just impossible right now to decrypt dishtv and watch it illegally.

Hope somebody cracks it !!! :p

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
In summary

you want Dish India = you pay for it

you dont want to pay = you do without

:D :D

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
Humm Bro, I APPRESHIATE YOU, You defined exactly right, Now a days...!

Hashing Algorithms is on the way.

The key in public-key encryption is based on a hash value. This is a value that is computed from a base input number using a hashing algorithm. Essentially, the hash value is a summary of the original value. The important thing about a hash value is that it is nearly impossible to derive the original input number without knowing the data used to create the hash value

My Satellite Setup
AverTV Dvb-S ,
Diseq 1.1(4 port),
60CM Ku Band Dish - Nss6,
12ft Meshed C-band Dish - Insat 2E/3B/4A,
Adteknik Mp3.6 USB Card Reader.
+
Hathway(DVB-C) Humax STB
+
Planing to Buy Tata sky & 120 Ku band Dish & a DVB-c Card
My Location
Pune, India