Dishtvindia Queries *N00b here*

sauravganguly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
want sattelite
compaq presario notebook
My Location
Mumbai, India
Since my cable reception is really really pathetic ive decided to opt for dishtvindia. My cable operator is run my a local mafia who dabbles as a politican nowadays, so the complaints dont really matter as he has complete monopoly in this area 'O'-red

1. Is the reception quality good? Im paranoid about quality.
2. Can i use it on tvtuner card on pc?
3. Any other tips related to hardware , since i went thru a few threads here & people seem a lil upset with hardware provided by the company.
4. What do i do to watch on multiple tv sets in my house.
5. How can i get (if i can get) other Free to air channels in India.
<--

Hareesh

Reaction score
Website
www.tagtag.com
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
sauravganguly said:
Since my cable reception is really really pathetic ive decided to opt for dishtvindia. My cable operator is run my a local mafia who dabbles as a politican nowadays, so the complaints dont really matter as he has complete monopoly in this area 'O'-red

1. Is the reception quality good? Im paranoid about quality.
2. Can i use it on tvtuner card on pc?
3. Any other tips related to hardware , since i went thru a few threads here & people seem a lil upset with hardware provided by the company.
4. What do i do to watch on multiple tv sets in my house.
5. How can i get (if i can get) other Free to air channels in India.
<--
1.The TPs of DISH Tv from NSS 6 are some what OK but ultimately it depends on your location also.
2.Reg TV Tuner card I am not having that much idea,i think it wont be possible.
3.U might have seen from the threads that u hav 2 purchase the Kaon/Zenega STB for the reception.
4.I doubt it can be done.
5.You can watch all the FTA from NSS 6 from the same direction (DD Direct platform,CGN TV etc.)

But ultimately you cannot watch some of the famous channels through this setup compared to the cable TV.

sauravganguly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
want sattelite
compaq presario notebook
My Location
Mumbai, India
har_3100 said:
1.The TPs of DISH Tv from NSS 6 are some what OK but ultimately it depends on your location also.
2.Reg TV Tuner card I am not having that much idea,i think it wont be possible.
3.U might have seen from the threads that u hav 2 purchase the Kaon/Zenega STB for the reception.
4.I doubt it can be done.
5.You can watch all the FTA from NSS 6 from the same direction (DD Direct platform,CGN TV etc.)

But ultimately you cannot watch some of the famous channels through this setup compared to the cable TV.

tx for your reply & time har_3100

My question was regarding dishtvindia.in provided dishtv
Most of the channels except those by star are covered by it , which is sufficient for me.

My question was there are more FTA`s , will i be able to receive those through eqiupment provided by dishtvindia.

And speaking of STB , Which one is better choice Kaon/Zenega ? If i would have a choice given by dishtvindia.

sauravganguly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
want sattelite
compaq presario notebook
My Location
Mumbai, India
anyone with first hand experience ? tv tuner cards and dishtvindia ? or any other dishtv along with a tv tuner card.

Also , can i buy the dish seperately , probably a bigger / better one ?
any websites wid info on that buying dish in india?
Will i get all FTA`s (eventhose that dishtvindia doesnt air) if i buy a dish seperately or is it dependant on the STB , if so can i buy the STB seperately?

damn i do ask i lot of questions :(