Disk Error

jase42001

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to sort out a problem I have.

I am running the newest Gemini image, and decided to move my Var directory to my HD. Everything was running fine, and all the Emu's etc were being downloaded via the blue panel ok.

Last night, every time I tried to download anything, a message popped up error in downloading (or something) download failed.

I noticed through the blue panel, HD settings that the message states HD active, but when I go through the menu settings option it says error reading information on disk. It won't let me format the disk, or even run a check.

I don't know if I have to re-install the image again or is there any other way to resolve this issue. :confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This is one of the reasons why it is not ideal to use the Harddrive for any working components of the image, it also means that the drive is being constantly addressed, better to put it all on a USB stick if you have the option.

If you cannot address the information on the disk, then I would guess that your only choice is to re-install.

jase42001

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw said:
This is one of the reasons why it is not ideal to use the Harddrive for any working components of the image, it also means that the drive is being constantly addressed, better to put it all on a USB stick if you have the option.

If you cannot address the information on the disk, then I would guess that your only choice is to re-install.

Thanks for the advice rolfw. I will buy a USB card today. Which one do you reccomend?

When you say re-install, do you mean flash a new image to the box etc.?

Also, will my HD be alright, I had a horrible feeling that I might have destroyed it.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes I think that you will have to re-install the complete image, but if you use Flash Wizard Pro, then you can use a good basic image in flash, then fire any other images into USB, you can then have a multiboot system. :)

There is a list of working USB modules in the stickies section, I use a stick which is labelled "Intelligent", whether that is the maker I don't know. :)

jase42001

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw said:
Yes I think that you will have to re-install the complete image, but if you use Flash Wizard Pro, then you can use a good basic image in flash, then fire any other images into USB, you can then have a multiboot system. :)

There is a list of working USB modules in the stickies section, I use a stick which is labelled "Intelligent", whether that is the maker I don't know. :)

Thanks once again Rolfw. I know a little about this multiboot thing, but I am under the impression that I have to have the official image as a base i.e. in flash. Is this right, or can I have something like Gemini or Hydra in flash?

Thanks

Jason

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I have 109CVS in flash, seems to work well.:)

jase42001

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw said:
I have 109CVS in flash, seems to work well.:)

Rolfw, this is an image that I have never used before. Is it very easy to use?

I presume I can get this image from i-had etc. but exactly which version is it?

Thanks

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
jase42001 said:
Rolfw, this is an image that I have never used before. Is it very easy to use?

I presume I can get this image from i-had etc. but exactly which version is it?

Thanks
Just install it in flash, go through the usual set up 7 dont forget to input ip address again. Then use flash wizzard pro to load images on usb.