Displaying Withheld Numbers

verytalldave

Reaction score
I have a friend who has an old mobile phone which he would dearly love to replace, but he cant!. This is due to his mobile phone which displays all numbers - including withheld numbers.
He was getting a few nuisance calls from withheld numbers and having a friend who worked in the mobile phone industry, he mentioned this to him. His friend took his phone and punched in a series of numbers, and gave him back his phone. he told him that from now on ALL withheld numbers would be displayed along with all non-withheld numbers. I have seen this personally and it works - so I am not talking about some load of old rubbish. THIS IS TRUE.
His friend has since moved on and is now untraceable.
Has anyone else out there ever had experience of this, and if so, does anyone know what this number is to release withheld numbers.
Is this number phone model and/or network dependant? Or is it one number for all?
I, along with many others would find this most useful for obvious reasons.
Can anyone help with this please?. I would even be willing to part with a few quid to get this information........

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly not aware of anything which will do this, but as you say, it would be very useful.

verytalldave

Reaction score
Is the comment above "Believe it when I see it" actually from Admin, or is that part of your profile?.....
If it is from ADMIN, then I can fully understand your doubts rearding this facility. But I can HONESTLY assure you that I have SEEN this work. First Hand. NOT rumour....not wishful thinking......Someone somewhere knows about this and how to do it......

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The believe it when I see is a permanent part of my profile and I'd say that it refers to most things, but not relating to this in particular. :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Hmmmmmmm.

Don't see how it would be possible as, when you elect to withhold your number, then as far as I know the information just isn't sent out.

It isn't a case of the information being there but obscured in some way.

Or have we been fed a laod of bull about this from the telcos over the years?

PaulR

verytalldave

Reaction score
The information IS available......do you seriously think that if the police/inland revenue/ other official bodies wanted that information then they could get it. The code that YOU punch in to withhold YOUR number from displaying on the recievers handset only blocks the number from being displayed. The information is still there. I am afraid anybody who has been told the "official" story that this is not so has been told porky-pies. As I said before - I HAVE SEEN THIS WORK ON MY FRIENDS PHONE. I am not lieing. ANYBODY who tells you anything else either simply is unaware of this fact - OR - does not want this information coming into the public domain. Its as simple as that.
You could have the Managing Director of BT come on this forum and swear that this cannot be done. He would either be lieing or ignorant. Take your pick.

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
I think the information is available but not by just putting a code in your phone. If it was that easy then loads of people would know the code.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, certainly the emergency services can identify a number when barred, as I said above, would be interesting .

It may well be that a mobile phone is capable of achieving this, as it has software, which can be adapted, whereas most domestic phones do not..

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
I was peed of when i got calls from witheld number to my moby. There is a piece of software which is uploaded from your nearest unlock shop. it allows displaying of withheld numbers. this is old news.

verytalldave

Reaction score
I am relating to you exactly what I know and how it happened. Its up to individuals to either believe what I have written or not. Its your choice. All I want is that number!
I know is that my friends phone didnt need additional software.......all it needed was this magic number to be punched in.
As Shahid confirms above......this information IS sent to your phone....its just that its not not displayed.......

techn0beatnik

Reaction score
Caller id works using three seprate methods of caller id. The first type is when data ie the phone number. which is sent between the first and second ring.
Type II is call waiting
Type III pretty much dead. (call waiting delux)

I am no expert but as far as i can make out if 141 is dailed before the call is made then the data isnt sent. Unless you are using a phone number that has been set as Automatic Number Identification (ANI) which is what 0800 numbers use and requests the data for billing resons. This is also used for calling 999 etc So in brief unless the line you are using has ANI at the exchange you cant get around 141. That my understanding if wrong please some one tell me.

techn0beatnik

Reaction score
hmm just read the above post guess things have change since i last looked into this ah well sorry to waste peoples time.

verytalldave

Reaction score
Is it me or what?...........
I have made several posts above ALL saying the same thing.
This is the last time I am going to say this...........
Now pin back your ears and read on.....

THERE IS A NUMBER THAT YOU CAN PUNCH IN TO YOUR MOBILE THAT WILL MAKE YOUR PHONE DISPLAY WITHHELD NUMBERS.
DOES ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM KNOW WHAT THIS NUMBER IS?

There...........thats it for the very last time.

I dont want any further replies which tells me that this cant be done please as I KNOW it CAN be done.

I dont mean to appear to be rude or ungrateful in any way and I do truely appreciate all the above contributions and thank all those above for bothering to reply.

techn0beatnik

Reaction score
ok Query checks to see that the CLI presentation is active. How long ago was it when you saw this working? Could it be it has been disabled now? Also what type of phone are you using ?

verytalldave

Reaction score
Thanks for that............however I dont think thats the code I am talking about.......
Will give it a try tho!!!!!
Cheers!

verytalldave

Reaction score
I think hes got an old Motorola......although I am not sure.......and I think hes on Vodaphone.
This was done several years ago now......and it still works....at least it did 2 weeks ago!

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
do what i do, change your answer phone message to
"Hi you either withheld your number or im not available, if you withheld your number please include your number and try again, thank you"

next time you get a witheld number, press RED :) straight to answer machine.... sorted