• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Disth TV FTA Channels in UAE?

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
From 1- June-07, all FTA channels from Dish TV like Sun, DD etc have been lost because DD DTH has moved the satellite from NSS to Insat4B. However, in a week time the channels were back in DishTV in India. Some of them adjusted the Dish to receive INSAT4B and some of them got the channels back without doing anything. The direction of these two satellites are just 1.5* variance. In UAE, the channels are not back for me. I am getting the FTA channels.

Do any one if they have got back after changing the direction? Because, I was told that if we change the direction to INSAT4B, then the other channels of NSS6 will be lost? Is it correct? I want some one to share their experience. Please note this is in UAE and not in India.

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
Magesh said:
From 1- June-07, all FTA channels from Dish TV like Sun, DD etc have been lost because DD DTH has moved the satellite from NSS to Insat4B. However, in a week time the channels were back in DishTV in India. Some of them adjusted the Dish to receive INSAT4B and some of them got the channels back without doing anything. The direction of these two satellites are just 1.5* variance. In UAE, the channels are not back for me. I am NOT getting the FTA channels like Sun TV, Jaya TV and DD channels.

Do any one if they have got back after changing the direction? Because, I was told that if we change the direction to INSAT4B, then the other channels of NSS6 will be lost? Is it correct? I want some one to share their experience. Please note this is in UAE and not in India.
There was mistake in the earlier message. Actually, I am NOT getting the FTA channels till now.

My Satellite Setup
Topfeild Receiver
My Location
saudi
I can to know Dish TV have stopped signal to Middle East as per compliant from Phela

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
No. If it has stopped signals, the other pay channels will not come also. The problem is only with the Free To Air Channels due to change of its satellite. Can any one provide the answer to my orginal question?

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
If you change the direction. You can lose NSS6, Till you turn back to NSS6.

My Satellite Setup
N.A
My Location
Middle East
To get FTA , you need to put one more similar dish with normal LNB and it can be fed to diseq; That is if you have hotbird / insat 3a etc.. you need not buy separate reciever for it. Technicain can get it done for AED 150 Max. You can n-joy all earlier channels.

Magesh said:
From 1- June-07, all FTA channels from Dish TV like Sun, DD etc have been lost because DD DTH has moved the satellite from NSS to Insat4B. However, in a week time the channels were back in DishTV in India. Some of them adjusted the Dish to receive INSAT4B and some of them got the channels back without doing anything. The direction of these two satellites are just 1.5* variance. In UAE, the channels are not back for me. I am getting the FTA channels.

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
Thanks for the info. I already have a separate Receiver and Dish for Hotbird. Now, tell me what is the size of Dish required for Insat4B.

My Satellite Setup
Dish TV india
My Location
india
Is it possible that we can put zenega software in other good receiver and can get both satellite signal in single dish. I read in this forum that zenega giving less signal than other good receiver on same dish.

If it is possible than may be we will get all channels on dish tv.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Welcome nipatel, You are right zenega has some problem eating signal strength.

Till now there is no sucess transferring firmware.

My Satellite Setup
Dish TV
My Location
India
Well if you are think about Zenga low signals than you was wrong on it.

I have Zenga and I never got less than 80% signals even DD's TP too.

My Satellite Setup
Hot bird/winxp
Magesh said:
Thanks for the info. I already have a separate Receiver and Dish for Hotbird. Now, tell me what is the size of Dish required for Insat4B.
You need 130cm dish size minimum for Insat4B.

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
kasim050 said:
You need 130cm dish size minimum for Insat4B.
Thanks Kasim,

What is your place (country) and do you get the signals all through the day?

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
For DishTV, I understood from DishTV dealer in Chennai that if we change the Dish to point in between NSS6 and INSAT4B, we will get the FTA channels as well as the Pay channels. For this, he suggested to have 100 CM and above dish and use .3db LNB especially in Gulf. He said this works fine in Saudi and some one confirmed him also about this.

Can any one in this Middle East tried like this and whether it is working. Please confirm and give the details.

My Satellite Setup
Currently evaluating the systems
My Location
Dubai, UAE
Hi,
Can ne1 temme where is Dish TV available in Dubai.

Regards,

Venky