distrubution sky tv and digital /anolog

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
I would recommend the Spaun, most of their multiswitches effectively have a zero insertion loss, and extremely good other specs, check these on the Spaun website www.spaun.de . Not sure who your local distrbutor would be.

eg, see www.spaun.de/html/sms_51202_nf.html .

Otherwise, yes the Hirschmann switches are also high quality. as Rolf says. Note their terr-sat isolation isn't as good, but that doesn't matter unless you're also distributing terrestrial.

www.hirschmann.com .

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
to mike4t (again) ......

The best possible way of multi-distributing - cost not important - would be a small size cascade system using a high gain type launch amp, eg:

www.spaun.de/html/sbk_5503_nf.html .

After adding a single multitap unit, for 6 outputs, you'd then still have lots of gain "in hand".

If doing this, don't forget the 75 ohm terminators (need to purchase, if not already included!).

Reception isn't so much about absolute levels, but more about signal to noise ratio. Most lnbs have a fixed gain of approx 55dB, and if your dish then gives a "usable working level" of output signal, the SNR should - by default - also be acceptable.

(added) hmmm ... Spaun are now offering only 5 output cascade multitaps, so you'd need 2 of these for 6 receivers. However, Teldis (UK) still have the older types with up to 8 outputs, and other distributors also probably have them in stock.