divineo or cardman

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
cardman claims to be the cheapest but charges £60 for an elvis and gold wafer with leads etc. but Divineo have the same deal for £51?? I`ve been told cardman is trustworthy but i`ve not had any experience of divineo?? they are based in manchester but not listed in directory enquiries. help please all you lovely people. I`m not asking for an advertisement, just whether they are trustworthy set ups?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
David, both of them appear to have good reputations, I've used both and both delivered the goods in a reasonable time. I think that I can honestly say that so far I have not had a bad experience on web trading (touching a lot of wood here).

Check out the deal, as there are often extras included which make it better value, but only if you are likely to use the extras.

Rolf

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
I have used both, Diveno win on price and promptness of delivery.

zansi

B

bel786

i've had a bad experience with divineo UK ( no delivery and shit service)- had to get a refund after discussing with divineo in france

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
thanks for the response. Do you never get a day off Rolf??

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No I'm one of those sad blokes David, nothing else to do :)

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Thats the most depressing thing Ive heard this week

TB

Reaction score
Hey man Divineo seems to be an american company cardman is good British guy, my point being that taxes on Divineo profits go to the US to fuel W's militry spending while Cardmans taxes goes to the United Kingdom government so Tony can employ nurses and teachers!! Summit to think about.

As one late great american once said "ask not what your country can do for you but for what you can do for your country"!!

Its a shame a couple more mobility customers havnt heard of it!!

An alternative view for you to make up your mind!!

Oh yeah I've ordered from cardman, and he did the business, bit slow on delivery, though it was over christmas!!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Shouldn't the advertiser on this forum 'sat-deals.co.uk' be the first recommendation ?

Otherwise I have had excellent service from the Astratech lot (but theyre on another forum)

Rolf - 'touching a lot of wood here' - one of Shahids phrases ?

Bixx

Reaction score
Just to be different, I would recommend Divineo. I've had good service.
Cardman recently got raided by the old bill, took all his records.
Lots of worried people about at the time!

You could also consider http://www.mb-electronics.co.uk/index.htm.

Very reliable

Bixx

TB

Reaction score
Cardman did get raided recently and the fuzz took all his records, however cardman was doing nothing illegal, much to the fuzz's embrassment. Cardman is now gonna sue the fuzz for various stuff, so I gather it will be a while before they raid him again. Thats why I sent off to cardman after the raid, hoping my details are safe, or unlikely to be descovered in a future raid, cuz there shouldnt be 1!!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I think that the diversity of opinions on who to buy from illustrate that there are quite a few good vendors around, if they've been around for a while, they're normally OK, bad news seems to travel quite fast in the satellite hobby community so bad operators don't last long.

Rolf

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
sat-deals.co.uk is a dead link?? Has this moved to a different address???
Does anybody have specific LEGAL operations that can be carried out using an Elvis? I know the world and his dog is using it for dubious means but obviously (is it obviously??) it has some legitimate function?? or am I being a bit thick?