Johndoe

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Us
Hi
Anybody know if you can convert a divx movie to an MPEG-2 file then FPT it to the Dreamboxes movie directory on the harddrive to play?
I have heard a PC can convert it "on the fly" but i want it to be independant of the PC

Thanks

un4gvn

Learning everyday........
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500S (Alps tuner)- VBox II-2m Cheapo prime focus-heavy duty 24" actuator-Universal Quad invacom LNB-SkyStar2-Linksys router-2 PC's and some other stuff I'm hiding from the Mrs.........
My Location
CY
Hi John.

Anybody know if you can convert a divx movie to an MPEG-2 file then FPT it to the Dreamboxes movie directory on the harddrive to play?

It's not an answer to your question but here is How I do it, I just use WINAVI to convert a DIVX movie I have on my PC to mpeg2 format (takes 5 - 10 minutes depending on ur hardware), leave the converted movie on my PC and just watch it on my TV(dreambox) using NFS. That way I always have room on my HD installed on the dreambox for other stuff such as recording my favorite shows and sports.
Hope I helped a little. If you need more help let me know.

PS: the quality of the mpeg is exellent...

Johndoe

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Us
Thanks
I will give that a try

un4gvn said:
Hi John.

It's not an answer to your question but here is How I do it, I just use WINAVI to convert a DIVX movie I have on my PC to mpeg2 format (takes 5 - 10 minutes depending on ur hardware), leave the converted movie on my PC and just watch it on my TV(dreambox) using NFS. That way I always have room on my HD installed on the dreambox for other stuff such as recording my favorite shows and sports.
Hope I helped a little. If you need more help let me know.

PS: the quality of the mpeg is exellent...