DM 500s already installed but ...

alig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Bahrain
Hi

I had a Dreambox 500s (connected via cable to my Broadband Internet connection) installed a few months ago, and was getting practically everything. I've just come back from holiday, and the only channels I'm now getting are things like BBC World, CNN, etc. (i.e. none of the subscriber/encrypted channels).
Can someone point me to an Idiot Guide that will allow me to get these back? Thanks very much in advance

A.

blueboyrio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5200USB Echolink, 80cm dish and a motor
My Location
Blue Planet
You just have to update your cam. Many keys changes weekly and some daily!

alig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Bahrain
Forgive my ignorance but what is a cam and how do I go about updating it?

Thanks

A.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
you can't get 'encrypted' channels for a few months if you don't even know what a cam is or how to update it.
my guess is that you're part of a card-sharing group which has stopped functioning while you were away.
no solution in this case, try to get hold of the person who installed the dreambox & its software, maybey he has another 'solution' for you !

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
JTA said:
you can't get 'encrypted' channels for a few months if you don't even know what a cam is or how to update it.
my guess is that you're part of a card-sharing group which has stopped functioning while you were away.
no solution in this case, try to get hold of the person who installed the dreambox & its software, maybey he has another 'solution' for you !

For sure

Check in the gbox menu and see how many peers etc.

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
JTA said:

The OP said that he had his DB installed. I take that to mean that somebody came to his house and put it in for him. It could be that the installer put all the necessary software on the box before it was installed, so all that is needed is a key update. That might have been taken care of by means of a script that has for some reason stopped working. The OP may genuinely have no idea how to do it, in which case may I gently lead him to the guide

alig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Bahrain
Yes that is the case. Someone did all the installation for me (for money). Everything is up and running, except that now all I get are the non-subscription channels, whereas before I used to get everything.
I tried calling the guy who did the installation but I can't get hold of him, hence my cry for help! Any suggestions?
Many thanks

A.

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
Alig, the first thing you need to do is to read the guide, as I suggested in my previous posts.

I'm comparatively new to Dreamboxes, and when I started I printed out the entire guide, which answered 95% of my queries. I'm sure it will be the same for you. It's a waste of effort for the team here to repeat stuff which in their excellent guide.

alig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Bahrain
Thanks billnot, I'll have a go and see what comes of it.
Thanks also to everyone for their various suggestions.

A.

conorg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88 with Moteck 2100A motor. Dreambox 500S.
My Location
Co Down
Hit the blue button, then select Auto-Cam Setup. If it is set to Common Interface then that's your problem, the Common Interface can only be used for FTA channels. My box occasionally resets itself for no apparent reason and always boots up with Common Interface selected.

alig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Bahrain
I tried FTP and telnet to my Dreambox from cmd, IE and via the DCC.exe utility, but the root/Dreambox or root/dreambox login is not working. (it might have been changed by my installer and I can't get hold of him!)
Does anyone know if restoring factory settings will get it back to root/dreambox?
That would obviously wipe out all settings but if that is the only option, I'll have to do it.
Any other suggestions?
Many thanks in advance

A.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I think you can reset the password with tuxcommander (try search).

Does selecting "Factory reset" from 6 > Expert Setup reset the password?

This is if you use the Gemini image- you don't say.