DM-600 & Canal-NL

Jackolantern

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hummie
My Location
Germany
Hi all,

I have just picked up a DM600 with a 160G hard disk. The box is origional and I got it at the dreambox at the actual dealer listed on thier webpage in Germany. SO I want to have a look before changing anything, I have a good working system (not dreambox) already and I just switch out the recievers.

I turned on the reciever for the 1st time and it goes through the setup, scans and so forth. All the FTAs are fine, but the channels I have on the CanalDigitaal card don't clear. The box just says they are coded.
I am sure that the dreambox can run this card, and I have put it in the right way around... but I don't get anything coded to clear using the origional card.

Help?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Jackolantern

Well I am probably not the best person to be answering this question as I do not have a dreambox, however what softcam is running on your DB? whatever it is you need Seca CAM encryption support to read the card.
I suggest you search the DB forums for sure someone must already be doing this

Jackolantern

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hummie
My Location
Germany
Thanks for the welcome Topper. And thanks for trying to help. I really appreciate it.
This is an origional dreambox, from an authorised dealer, it has origional dreambox (factory) software and settings. No emu softcam or anything else of that sort is installed at the factory.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You need to install an emu e.g. CCcam but I don't know if it either works or can be done with the original image - you may need to install another image e.g. Gemini.

Jackolantern

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hummie
My Location
Germany
Yes, That's got it.
I put gemini on it, and grabbed several cams using the update feature.
It works well, but stops decoding once every hour or so, then I reset the cam and it runs again.
I used the idiots guide to get this far, but I didn't see anything about this problem in there.