DM 7000s reboot problem

ieloma3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s, windows xp sp3 and winows 7
My Location
Finland
Hi, I'm new here and I just bought DM 7000s from one guy. It works fine but when I try to reboot, it shutdown instead of reboot.
DM 7000s with nabilosat dm 7000 v 0.8
FP version: 1.06
usb stick 2G
Dreamflash v 2.8
Flashwizard 6.3
PC with windows 7 and Laptop with Windows xp
Router-modem
Others images in USB: gemini 4.70 DM7000, gemini 4.60 DM7000, gemini 4.50 DM7000 and EDG-nemesis 5.0 beta dm 7000.
I try to reboot without usb-stick, it don't reboot but just shutdown, even from Flashwizard 6.3, the same thing. Is somebody can help me, please.

Jimdefruit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Dreambox 7000s plus all the bits and all intreconnected.
My Location
Hampshire
If it is running on one of the multiboot images on the usb stick, select shutdown from the menu and then when it has shut down, disconnect the power from the dreambox for a few seconds. Remove the usb stick and then reconnect the power and it should boot into the flash image. Let us know what happens.

ieloma3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Finland
First, it is running nabilosat image from flash, but I try what you advice, nothing change, when I try to reboot, it shutdown. With usb-stick, this is memory situation:
total used Free buffers
memory 30044 25956 4088 3804
Swap 65528 0 65528

I use swap with usb_stick

ieloma3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Finland
64mb swap on usb_stick

A nonymous

Reaction score
I would try installing a new image into the flash first. It could possibly be that the current flash image is corrupt.

Try S.I.F 1.9.4 in flash or PowerBoard Enigma v 0.8 :D

Nano

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @ieloma3,

I agree with you @nanochickin, install a new flash image first, with the USB memory stick disconnected. Do a Flash Erase and then re-install the FlashWizard MultiBoot menu.
Now plug in the USB memory stick and reboot. With luck, all the installed MultiBoot Images will be listed in the FlashWizard Multiboot Menu. Select one and try it.

Remember that with a DM7000S it is best to leave the flash image without plugins, addons, cams/emus, etc. Only add these to Images in Multiboot. The flash image is there as a base for the Multiboot Images and is best left empty. I only boot my Base (Flash) image if I have a problem with my MultiBoot images and only while I am resolving the problem. In fact, most problems can be resolved without ever using the Flash Image, once you have FlashWizard MultiBoot working.

Best wishes, John.

Edit:
Another thought - You could try a Flash Erase, without installing a new image. It could be the Multiboot Menu is corrupt. Flash Erase (Reboot and immediately press and hold the Up button on the front panel until Flash Erase appears on the LCD display) will remove the FlashWizard Multiboot Menu. After this, see if the Flash image will boot.
If it will boot the Flash image, then run FlashWizard to re-install the MultiBoot menu and then reconnect the USB stick and reboot.
If it still will not boot the Flash image, then proceed to install a new flash image as above.

ieloma3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Finland
Hi,
Thanks a lot guys, I try a flash erase, reconnect the usb, reboot as you adviced, then it is working now fine.

Best regards, Didier