DM500HD Recording Problem

markshore

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra win7
My Location
bristol uk
Hi have set up my drive and have installed the epg guide to this , but have trouble recording, starts recording ok but after about 45-60 mins an error saying hd is out of space. When i ftp to the box i cannot see the hard drive the only way is to reboot the box and the Hd once this is done you can see the drive again.The files up to the crash can be viewed.
Regards
Mark

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
It sounds like an incompatibility between the hard drive and the dreambox. I use an Akasa 2.5" enclosure and it is TOTALLY reliable. Best recording performance I have ever had on a dreambox.

D

deleted

I have heard not actually looked into it yet, that as Sshumifan50 says its either incompatible hard disk, or format is not done correctly before installing to box

markshore

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra win7
My Location
bristol uk
The drive works ok with the epg pointing to this drive to store its info, i an using gemini 5.1 image and it looks like the epg updates every 1 hour i think that i have read somewhere that the updating of the epg can cause problems just seems funny that i dont seem to be able to record over an hour.
Regards
Mark

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
1. Why do you update the EPG hourly - daily should be fine. More than that just puts extra traffic on the EPG provider.
2. Run fsck in telnet (telnet <dreambox IP> and log in as root):

a. mount <enter> - this will display all the mounted filesystems including your hard disk mount point and which device it is mounted on.
b. umount <mount point for hard disk><enter> - unmount the hard disk - e.g. "umount /media/hdd<enter>"
c. fsck.extn /dev/........<enter> - get extn from mount as above; it should be ext2 or ext3. And the /dev/...... also from mount above is the device (hard disk). Look for errors displayed, if any.
e.g. fsck.ext3 /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 <enter>
d. If no errors are displayed then
mount <hard disk mount point><enter>
Let us know the result.

markshore

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra win7
My Location
bristol uk
Hi will change to 24 hours , 1 hour was set as default in the gemini image will change and check if recording is any better might be just coincidence that i can only record up to about 1 hour.
Regards
Mark

kbd710

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500HD
My Location
Malta
I am trying to connect my hard disk with dreambox 500hd but recieving error:mountpoint fail
Also hard disk is being read as standby

& if instead i buy a dvd recorder how can i connect it to dreambox

what can i do please

thanks a lot