DM500S - GotoX - Image

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Globo 6000
My Location
Odessa, Ukraine
I would just like to hear from anyone that has gotoX working, I tried three different images today with my DM500S, and none of them worked.

I have a 7020S coming, I would be interested in anyone that has it working on this dreambox also, please include image name, and any special instructions used.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
HI Tornado, I think we talked on RDI-SAT or some other forum LOL :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
and here too....

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Globo 6000
My Location
Odessa, Ukraine
@sputnick & mhku,

Yes, we did. You know, it's the never ending search for information :) I did try an image that might of worked, it's to new to me but I like it. anyway I needed to get back to trying to solve some other problems, so I reinstalled Gemini.
I tried Neutrino_plus, I think that's really nice.

So, I read mhku post, but my box can't even drive to zero, I don't know if it's hardware or software, I just got the motor. I can't right now store two different sat's and go between the to succefully. I will store lets say 13E to position 1, that is also in my manual of stored sat's "just thought I would keep them the same if possible" and store 28.2E at 18 I think it is. Once I am locked on to one I store it and then go scan it, I can see the picture, everything is fine.. then I have to step to the other, find it, store it, scan it. I see all of it's channels. but now if I go into sat's, channels - and choose a channel, it can't find it...making me crazy..

Using Nuetrino yesterday...I'm pretty sure it moved the dish, and when I reinstalled Gemini, I couldn't find anything, had to start driving with a blindfold on again, because I had no idea where the dish was pointing at that time...anyway...hour or so later I'm locked onto Hotbird and going at it again.....have any tips ?

This is what I do, let's say the dish is pointed and locked on to 13E..
I have just flashed Gemini onto the dm500s, first thing it throws me into is the sat configuration, and usually it multi sat config, I don't do anything here just save, then I goto motor config, choose 13E, store it, go back one page because gotoXX is still checked, I uncheck it, save, and then I go scan the transponders. It makes a nice little list of channels for me, and I look at one of the channels to make sure it's on.

Then, I go back into motor config, change Hotbird to 28.2E and start steping until I get it locked in...you know the rest.

But like I said above, it trys to turn the motor to 13E or 28.2 but seems really only to remember the last one I locked onto.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you checked the voltage output from your power supply and the cable output from the Dreambox?

My setup is still flawed- if I change channels on different satellites too quickly it locks up.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Globo 6000
My Location
Odessa, Ukraine
mkhu,
I will check that, and let you know. Mine locks up sometimes to. I was running Gemini 2.7 and had to go back to 2.6 to fix some of my lockups...

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
There is a post on sat-ind about replacing/ add capacitors to the PCB that helps/ fixes the DiscEq problem (I'm sure it's a hardware problem rather than software). Nothing to do with the gotoxx though....

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Have you got a Motek motor by the way?????
Anyway why dont you search for your sats manually and then store them. Never any problems. See attached Document on how to do it. 100% works all the time for me.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Globo 6000
My Location
Odessa, Ukraine
mhku,
I hear what your saying but it doesnt make sense, if it has power to step from one to the other ?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Globo 6000
My Location
Odessa, Ukraine
@John_graydon,
I have found and stored three sats, and it only seems to remeber the last one stored. For instance, I found and stored 13E, checked the channels, etc. Then I found and stored 28.2, same procedure.

If I'm watching something one one of them and try to goto the other, forget it, it's not happening. At least thats the answer I'm getting... I will read the guide

Thanks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Globo 6000
My Location
Odessa, Ukraine
Well, it turned out to be the motor. The installer came over and brought a new motor, we sat down right there on the floor and the 500S did not have a problem turning to stored locations. He also brought my new 7020S and we tested that also. To completly rule out the 500S, he had brought his own reciever, tried it on the new motor - worked fine, then we tried it on the installed motor with no joy.

So, I have since then replaced the motor, and all is working great with the new 7020S. Still trying to get the gotoXX working...correctly. It seems it is working at least in some images, it's problem I think is the difference between my stored location and it's stored location, based on where it thinks it is. What I;m trying to say is it's 0 may not be right on !!! so it can be a dergree or to off.

P.S. Hydra is the only image I have had success with gotoXX so far, it's also the only image that correctly identified my system as NTSC.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Good to hear that you got it working!