DM5620 LNB Problem

nezbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM5620-S Gemini 3.10, 80cm Dish on Moteck SG2100A, MRev2.25, Sky+, Sagem dBox2, DM500c Neutrino dPlus V2.01
My Location
Manchester
Hi, I have posted under a different thread but after more investigation the title is now misleading.

Here goes, I recently bought a DM5620-S to replace my trusty Echostar 2110 2Ci VA. I disconnected my echo, conneted the DB and ...nothing. The box boots but will not find any channels. After MUCH messing around with settings and ladder climbing I can conform that the DB will only perform a successful transponder scan when:-

1. Looped through the echo.
2. Connected to the quad lnb on my sky dish, but only when another sky box is connected.

I have connected my sat meter to the lnb (on hotbird dish) and the db and it is dead, not a peep.

I am very much a beginner but if i had to guess I'd say that the DB is not supplying any power, could anyone conform my suspicions? And is it now time to send the thing back?
Cheers
Neil

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly sounds like a power problem, do you have any means of measuring the voltage output from the rear of the Dreambox?

nezbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM5620-S Gemini 3.10, 80cm Dish on Moteck SG2100A, MRev2.25, Sky+, Sagem dBox2, DM500c Neutrino dPlus V2.01
My Location
Manchester
I don't I'm afraid Rolfw. I've boxed it back up now and emailled the people I bought it from (ww.dvb-onlineshop.de) to arrange its return for replacement or refund.

Thanks for your help rolfw, I'm sure I'll need it again when I finally get a working model!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I think you've done the right thing. It does sound like a hardware problem.

Hope it works out OK. Come back and let us know how you get on.

nezbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
-----------UPDATE-----------

After much waiting the a replacement box has arrrived and works perfectly. Just started having a look at a couple of images and I'm having trouble with Hydra. I can install the image but when I try to install a softcam I get the error message Install failed. /tmp/smartcam.config not found. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi Nezbit
Sounds like you might have forgotten to flash erase. In any case, flash erase and try again. if you run into more problems open a new thread with the problem, as this one was for dead LNB.
P.S read the manual!!

nezbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
Hi T_G, thanks for the reply. I have been using the dreamupLAN you uploaded to the newbies sticky and had remembered to flash erase. I've tried with Hydra Phoenix 1.09 and Hydra Zeus and get the same error.

The missus has started complaining now so I'll have to try again tomorrow but I'll do as you suggest and start a new thread if nessecary.

Thanks again.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Well, I'm pleased that it was indeed a hardware problem and that a replacement has fixed it. :D

How are you trying to install a s*ftcam? Via the Internet? Hydra Internet update does not work anymore. If that's what you want to do, try the latest Gemini image, otherwise read up on how to install one manually and/or update the keys manually.

Keep going - you're nearly there at last!

STICK

nezbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
Cheers Stick, I was trying to use the internet update I wasn't aware that it isn't working. I've reverted back to Gemini for now. Do other images offer anything sigificantly different from Gemini?