DM600 Issues

sep990

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
My Location
UK
Hi
Sorry been away from the forum for a while as been busy with kids and other hobbies.

I have a couple of questions which hopefully someone can help with:

1.When I turn on my DM600 from standby it seems to lose the satellite it was on and also the last channel I was watching. On Boot up I have to select the country and the time zone as well. This has just started to happen over the last few days after I had an issue with my internet. I am running the Pli Jade Green image on it.

2.What is the best image at present for the DM600.

Thank you for all your help.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Is there an internal "button" type battery inside the 600 (like the kind found on PC motherboards)?

I'd have though losing settings could be caused by a failing back up battery

sep990

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
My Location
UK
Hi

Thank you for your reply, this was my thought looking online at the images I cannot see a battery like a CMOS motherboard battery.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Nothing like a back up battery on a DM600.

To be honest i don't think there has been any new images for this box for ages. I would go for something like the Powerboard Enigma image or EDG Nemesis.

Don't use any Gemini images unless you know its a 100% genuine box.

Nano

sep990

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
My Location
UK
Nothing like a back up battery on a DM600.

To be honest i don't think there has been any new images for this box for ages. I would go for something like the Powerboard Enigma image or EDG Nemesis.

Don't use any Gemini images unless you know its a 100% genuine box.

Nano

Thanks for replying . The box is a genuine one.

I have re flashed the box with a newer pli image. If I use another image it will confuse the OH.

Just hope this sorts it out, don't really want to buy another box at the moment.

sep990

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
My Location
UK
Update..

Looks like installing a new image has not made a difference.

For some reason when on standby overnight the dm forgets the nameserver and resets it as 1.1.1.1.

Looks like might have to get another box. :(

Any suggestions on a cheap Linux box? I have seen a clone dm600 for £65 delivered. I don't want to spend a lot but do want to be able to setup the box via lan or wifi.

Don't want something like an open box.

Also only have one sat feed and no hd shares which is the reason for going the clone dm600 route but am happy for other suggestions.

Thanks

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
Flash it with any compatible image and have a play about, once you've had a play and seen that it either does the same thing or it has fixed the problem, flash PLI back over to it

Changing image to an altogether different image, even if it is only for an hour could clear a firmware related problem leaving you free to flash PLI back

How much VAR have you got free and are you using a MAXVAR version of PLI?

sep990

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
My Location
UK
Flash it with any compatible image and have a play about, once you've had a play and seen that it either does the same thing or it has fixed the problem, flash PLI back over to it

Changing image to an altogether different image, even if it is only for an hour could clear a firmware related problem leaving you free to flash PLI back

How much VAR have you got free and are you using a MAXVAR version of PLI?

Thanks, will give it a go and post back.

Also how do I how much VAR I have free.

Thanks

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
On my 500s with PLI Jade3 I hit either the menu button or the blue button and it gives me a percent (%) bar showing what % of VAR is left free

I havent got my 500s set up at the mo so I can't check it out for you but I'm sure someone will be along who can check it out and report back

sep990

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
My Location
UK
Just an update, the box seems to be working okay for now. Thank you all for your help.