DM7000 Sound problem?

-RTFM-

DB Reader
Reaction score
My Location
Gloucestershire
Firstly excellent site you seem to have most things coverd in these forums, which only leaves room for dumb questions like mine !!

All my plans for an inexpensive setup (ss2 ,dish X 3 LNB's) went out the window and I bought a dreambox, disec motor 80cm dish and 0.3 LNB.

I'm hoping I'll get away with the dish mounted on 2ft high pole bolted to a 6inch thick 2ft square concerte pad just poured. I'm going to have to wait until the weekend to put it all together though, the waiting is...

KILLING ME ! ! ! !

I've had a quick look at the dream box and I have the latest offical release on there...

Question:

Does it make any sounds?, I have three games on there and these are also silent. I connected a DVD player through the VCR scart and that makes plenty of noise. But not a peep from any of the dreambox menues etc. Have I got a poorly dreambox ?

Thanks
:)

if at first you don't succeed, read the instructions

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RTFM said:
Firstly excellent site you seem to have most things coverd in these forums, which only leaves room for dumb questions like mine !!

All my plans for an inexpensive setup (ss2 ,dish X 3 LNB's) went out the window and I bought a dreambox, disec motor 80cm dish and 0.3 LNB.

I'm hoping I'll get away with the dish mounted on 2ft high pole bolted to a 6inch thick 2ft square concerte pad just poured. I'm going to have to wait until the weekend to put it all together though, the waiting is...

KILLING ME ! ! ! !

I've had a quick look at the dream box and I have the latest offical release on there...

Question:

Does it make any sounds?, I have three games on there and these are also silent. I connected a DVD player through the VCR scart and that makes plenty of noise. But not a peep from any of the dreambox menues etc. Have I got a poorly dreambox ?

Thanks
:)

if at first you don't succeed, read the instructions

No mate mine does not make any sounds, though never thought about it. Until now.

-RTFM-

DB Reader
Reaction score
My Location
Gloucestershire
john_graydon said:
No mate mine does not make any sounds, though never thought about it. Until now.
Thanks John,

Thats reassuring, I see from other posts that you're up and running anyhow.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
When you get serious with it, you'll probably want to lose those games... :)

Also, I'd read up on USB sticks and multi-boot images. All made very easy with a free program called Flashwizard Pro V4.0.

More money!

STICK

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RTFM said:
Thanks John,

Thats reassuring, I see from other posts that you're up and running anyhow.

Not even 30% there yet. there is more to come.

-RTFM-

DB Reader
Reaction score
My Location
Gloucestershire
Stick... It was the games that really sold it to me !!!

:D No seriously, I have a 64Meg USB doda that will be sacrifced for the cause or maybe a massive 10 Gig drive from steptoes yard (or spare room) could find its way in here until christmas is out the way.

I haven't really started digging around for information about other images yet. is there information out there somewhere about what each does over the other or is it more or less a case of suck it and see?

What would you recommend as a first unofficial image?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
RTFM said:
Stick... It was the games that really sold it to me !!!

:D No seriously, I have a 64Meg USB doda that will be sacrifced for the cause or maybe a massive 10 Gig drive from steptoes yard (or spare room) could find its way in here until christmas is out the way.

I haven't really started digging around for information about other images yet. is there information out there somewhere about what each does over the other or is it more or less a case of suck it and see?

What would you recommend as a first unofficial image?
You're probably better off with one of the latest Hydra images to start with.

A bit flakey, but easy to use.

Have a look in the images section of _http://sat-industry.net/forums/

Angharad is popular. :)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Using the games with the remote is a talent all by itself.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to play with without the games!

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
I tried Gemini, Peter Pan & Hydra a few days ago - have stuck with Hydra